Subject: [scim] [Errata Rejected] RFC7643 (6438)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 05:58:02 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been rejected for RFC7643,
"System for Cross-domain Identity Management: Core Schema".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6438

--------------------------------------
Status: Rejected
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Andrew Webb <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2021-02-23
Rejected by: Barry Leiba (IESG)

Section: 3.1.

Original Text
-------------
     version  The version of the resource being returned.  This value
         must be the same as the entity-tag (ETag) HTTP response header
         (see Sections 2.1 and 2.3 of [RFC7232]).  This attribute has
         "caseExact" as "true".  Service provider support for this
         attribute is optional and subject to the service provider's
         support for versioning (see Section 3.14 of [RFC7644]).  If a
         service provider provides "version" (entity-tag) for a
         representation and the generation of that entity-tag does not
         satisfy all of the characteristics of a strong validator (see
         Section 2.1 of [RFC7232]), then the origin server MUST mark the
         "version" (entity-tag) as weak by prefixing its opaque value
         with "W/" (case sensitive).

Corrected Text
--------------
     version  The version of the resource being returned.  This value
         must be the same as the entity-tag (ETag) HTTP response header
         (see Sections 2.1 and 2.3 of [RFC7232]).  This attribute has
         "caseExact" as "true".  Service provider support for this
         attribute is optional and subject to the service provider's
         support for versioning (see Section 3.14 of [RFC7644]).  If a
         service provider provides "version" (entity-tag) for a
         representation and the generation of that entity-tag does not
         satisfy all of the characteristics of a strong validator (see
         Section 2.1 of [RFC7232]), then the origin server MUST mark the
         "version" (entity-tag) as weak by prefixing its opaque value
         with "W/" (case sensitive).

Notes
-----
In the original text, the hyperlinks applied to "2.1" and "2.3" incorrectly link to those sections in RFC 7643, whereas they should link to those sections in RFC 7232.
 --VERIFIER NOTES-- 
Errata reports are for errors in the canonical version, which, for these RFCs, are the plain text versions.  HTML renderings that include heuristically-generated links aren't covered by the errata system.

--------------------------------------
RFC7643 (draft-ietf-scim-core-schema-22)
--------------------------------------
Title               : System for Cross-domain Identity Management: Core Schema
Publication Date    : September 2015
Author(s)           : P. Hunt, Ed., K. Grizzle, E. Wahlstroem, C. Mortimore
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : System for Cross-domain Identity Management
Area                : Applications and Real-Time
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG