Subject: [Sdn] HotSDN'14 Call For Papers

From: Aditya Akella <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 17:35:14 -0800

<apologies if you received multiple copies of this message>

ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Hot Topics in Software Defined Networking (HotSDN)
                  Co-located with ACM SIGCOMM'14
                       August 18, 2014
                         Chicago, IL

Software Defined Networking (SDN) refactors the relationship between
network devices and the software that controls them. Opening up the
interfaces to programming the network enables more flexible and
predictable network control, and makes it easier to extend the network
with new functionality. SDN is being employed in a large and growing
number of experimental and production settings spanning campus
networks, telcos, clouds, and online service provider networks. A
variety of new applications have been developed, including network
virtualization, responsive traffic engineering, dynamic access
control, seamless mobility support, etc.

HotSDN aims to bring together industry and academia to jointly explore
and debate recent developments related to all aspects of SDN.  We
invite researchers and practitioners to submit short papers. Such
papers could, for example, present new ideas for designing switch
hardware and APIs that offer greater flexibility without compromising
performance; describe new software platforms for better control and
management of software defined networks; shed light on experiences
deploying software defined networks in the wild; describe novel SDN
use cases; present novel ideas for inter-operating SDNs with legacy
equipment; and so on.

Topics of Interest

We encourage submission of short previously unpublished papers on
Software Defined Networking.  We particularly encourage position
papers and radical ideas that challenge state-of-the-art in SDN. 

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:

* SDN applications to home, wireless, cellular, enterprise,
 data-center, and backbone networks

* SDN applications to network management, monitoring, security, etc.

* Security of SDN infrastructure

* Virtualization in SDNs

* Switch designs for SDN

* Application programming interfaces for SDNs

* Control and management software for SDNs

* Programming languages, verification techniques, and tools for SDNs

* Performance evaluation of SDN switches and controllers

* Experiences deploying SDN technology and applications in operational
 networks

* Transitioning existing networks to SDN

* Placement and factoring of SDN control logic

* SDN-like control applied to other settings, e.g., transport,
 physical layer, wireless, etc.

Important Dates

Abstract registration: March 18, 2014
Submissions due: March 25, 2014
Notification: April 30, 2014
Camera ready versions due: May 31, 2014
Workshop date: August 18, 2014

PC Co-chairs

Aditya Akella, UW-Madison
Albert Greenberg, Microsoft

Program Committee

Najam Ahmad, Facebook
Paul Barford, Wisconsin
Marco Canini, UCL
Diego Crupnicoff, Mellanox
Dan Daly, Intel
Dinesh Dutt, Cumulus
Tom Edsal, Insieme
Ali Ghodsi, Berkeley
Arjun Guha, UMass
Ariel Hendel, Broadcom
Vimalkumar Jeyakumar, Stanford
Sachin Katti, Stanford
Eric Keller, Colorado
Teemu Koponen, Nicira
Dejan Kostic, IMDEA
TV Lakshman, Bell Labs
Dave Maltz, Microsoft
Jeff Mogul, Google
Pere Monclus, Plumgrid
Guru Parulkar, Stanford
Vyas Sekar, CMU
Anees Shaikh, Google
Hakim Weatherspoon, Cornell
Minlan Yu, USC

Submission instructions

Each submission must be a single PDF file no longer than six (6) pages
in length (in two-column, 10-point format) including references,
following the LaTeX style file. Papers should be submitted
electronically via the submission site:
https://hotsdn14.cs.wisc.edu/hotcrp/. Papers must include the author
name and affiliation for single-blind peer reviewing by the program
committee.

Accepted papers will be published in the ACM Digital
Library. Publication at HotSDN is not intended to preclude later
publication. Authors of accepted papers are expected to present their
papers at the workshop.