Subject: [Sdn] Cloud SLAs and Contracts - Have your say

From: "Aimilia Bantouna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 13:08:32 +0200

Typical cloud SLAs and contracts can be inhibitors to cloud adoption because
of their complexity, lack of comparability, and the perceived difficulties
of navigating the legal and operational risks involved.

What is required is a greater degree of standardization and transparency,
which enables customers to better compare cloud service offerings and
enables suppliers of all sizes to compete on a more level playing field.

SLALOM (http://slalom-project.eu/) is an EC-funded project whose remit is to
develop model SLAs and contract frameworks to address these issues. Our
consortium comprises ATOS Spain, NTUA, Bird&Bird, UPRC and CIF and we wish
to consult with both suppliers and adopters to capture key issues for all
parties as the models develop.

Are you interested, or do you know of others who might be?

Register your interest to be kept informed, and/or to provide your own views
and feedback, at bit.ly/SLALOMContact.

Get more detailed information about SLALOM at bit.ly/SLALOMeHandout.

Give us your feedback on your cloud and SLA concerns at
bit.ly/SLALOMWantsToKnow by March 20th, 2015.

Your feedback is important to us - register your interest on the link above
and we'll share feedback as the programme progresses.

On behalf of the SLALOM consortium,

Kind regards,

Aimilia Bantouna

Research Engineer

University of Piraeus

Department of Digital Systems

Telecommunication Networks and integrated Services (TNS) Laboratory