Subject: [Sdn] SDN and Network Coding

From: Frank Fitzek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 15:54:10 +0200

Dear all,

first of all thanks for the nice meeting in Dallas. I mentioned in the 
meeting that collaboration across groups, especially IRTF, would be very 
interesting and also leading to concrete tasks (which in turn will lead 
to RFCs). I brought this also into the network coding group NWCRG, were 
we presented some results to couple SDN with NC.

If there is any interest we could present our work on bringing network 
coding into openflow/click and show some first results with respect to 
multicast for TCP or latency for multi hop in Praque. We have currently 
a physical set up at Aalborg University and a virtual SDN textbed build 
up by Budapest University and TU Dresden. If interested we will have 
soon some papers published on this topic (implementation and results). 
Otherwise we could also make one talk in the NWCRG about SDN and discuss 
this offline after the meeting.

I would love to couple those initiative as this would lead to concrete 
tasks.

See you all in Praque happy to continue this discussion.

FF

---

From: Hesham ElBakoury <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 19:18:24 +0000

Hi Frank,

Can you please send me a paper that describes your work in SDN & Network coding.

Thanks

Hesham

-----Original Message-----
From: sdn [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Frank Fitzek
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2015 6:54 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sdn] SDN and Network Coding

Dear all,

FF

_______________________________________________
sdn mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/sdn

---

From: Ali Haider <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 00:25:58 +0500

Hi Frank

It will be interesting to see your results.

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 6:54 PM, Frank Fitzek <[email-masked]> wrote:

> interesting and also leading to concrete tasks (which in turn will lead to
> RFCs). I brought this also into the network coding group NWCRG, were we
> presented some results to couple SDN with NC.
>
> multicast for TCP or latency for multi hop in Praque. We have currently a
> physical set up at Aalborg University and a virtual SDN textbed build up by
> Budapest University and TU Dresden. If interested we will have soon some
> papers published on this topic (implementation and results). Otherwise we
> could also make one talk in the NWCRG about SDN and discuss this offline
> after the meeting.
>

-- 
​Syed Ali Haider, Ph.D.
Asst. Prof., EE
SEECS
National University of Sciences & Technology (NUST)
Sector H-12, Islamabad, Pakistan
​tel: +92 51 90852109 ​email: [email-masked]​

---

From: Frank Fitzek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 23:22:07 +0200

Hi, thanks for your interest, i will send the links to the papers as 
soon as they are public.
But here preliminary results that I presented in the NWCRG in Dallas.
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/92/slides/slides-92-nwcrg-9.pdf
(Slide 11 onwards)
FF

Am 01.04.2015 um 21:29 schrieb Rodrigo Ruas Oliveira:
> Hello,
>
> I am also interested in your research. Could you share your papers and 
> results.
>
> Thank You
>
> 2015-04-01 16:18 GMT-03:00 Hesham ElBakoury 
> <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>>:
>
>     Hi Frank,
>
>     From: sdn [mailto:[email-masked]
>     <mailto:[email-masked]>] On Behalf Of Frank Fitzek
>     To: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
>     [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
>     [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>