Subject: [Sdn] The FELIX architecture for large scale SDN and NSI experiments

From: Gino Carrozzo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 11:47:02 +0200

Dear colleagues,

I believe this might be of interest of many of you.

On behalf of the FELIX consortium I am glad to inform you that FELIX has
recently released the architectural whitepaper, where the discussion about
the integration of SDN technologies and transport network services takes
place. The whitepaper presents the FELIX architecture and its key features
with the aim of introducing capabilities and opportunities offered by the
infrastructure elements and its control framework. Specifically, the
emphasis is on introducing SDN experiments over NSI-enabled infrastructures
to enable better dynamicity of experiments thanks to the dynamic path setup
over transit networks.

As some of you know, FELIX highly relies on the GLIF infrastructure and NSI
services to enable large-scale SDN experiments between Europe and Japan.
Thanks to the GLIF infrastructure and services available around the world
we are able to demonstrate features of the FELIX framework in real network
experiments.

Information about the project, its objectives and achievements is available
on our website: http://www.ict-felix.eu

The whitepaper document is available here: http://www.ict-felix.eu/?p=1045

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, do not hesitate to
contact me personally or other project members via our mailing list:
[email-masked]

Best regards

Gino Carrozzo

-- 
==============================================================
  Dr. Gino Carrozzo
  Deputy Head of R&D

  mobile    : +39 348 7610 081
  landline  : +39 050 3871 679
  fax         : +39 050 3871 601
  e-mail    : [email-masked]
  web       : www.nextworks.it
  address   : Nextworks s.r.l.
                  via Livornese, 1027
                  56122 S.Piero a Grado, Pisa, ITALY
==============================================================