Subject: [Sdn] Deadline Extended - 1st IEEE INFOCOM 2016 Workshop on Software-Driven Flexible and Agile Networking (SWFAN)

From: Lefteris Mamatas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 12:26:44 +0200

Dear colleagues,
You can find below the CFP for the 1st International IEEE INFOCOM 
Workshop on Software-Driven Flexible and Agile Networking (SWFAN). We 
extended the paper
submission deadline to the 20th of December, 2015. We apologise in case 
you received multiple copies. The workshop website is: http://www.swfan.org

Best Regards,
Lefteris Mamatas

1st International Workshop on Software-Driven Flexible and Agile 
Networking (SWFAN 2016), April 11, San Francisco, CA, USA
(in conjunction with IEEE INFOCOM 2016)

Scope and Topics of Interest

The NFV/SDN paradigms promote the deployment of Network Functions (NF) 
as software components into cloud infrastructures, and the 
identification of relevant abstractions for their configuration, control 
and management. Such NFs can comprise processing elements in the data 
plane (e.g., packet inspection, filtering, flow-level monitoring, or 
access control) as well as control-plane components (e.g., signaling, 
routing, dynamic load balancing). This paradigm shift essentially 
enables new cloud service models, i.e., NF-as-a-service (NFaaS), which 
can lead to significant operational and technology investment cost 
savings for service providers. Beyond that, telecom operators can 
greatly benefit from NFV/SDN, considering the increasing trend to 
implement mobile communication network functions in software.
NFV/SDN orchestration can satisfy the evolving requirements of service 
and infrastructure providers with respect to the resource constraints, 
dynamic network conditions and service environments. Virtualized NFs 
should be deployed, located, scaled, and orchestrated in a holistic 
manner to realize novel services, through exposing their configurations 
using standardized interfaces, whereas SDN can provide a flexible 
network plane along these lines. Furthermore, the integration of 
protocol and application/service processing creates opportunities for 
enhancing the performance of cloud applications and services when 
accessed by mobile users.
In this respect, SWFAN aims at bringing together researchers, engineers, 
and practitioners to discuss challenging aspects of NFV/SDN 
orchestration, such as the elastic provisioning of computing, storage, 
and network resources for NF deployment and scaling in the cloud, the 
development of new models, protocols, algorithms, and abstractions for 
more flexible and agile network control, management and operation, as 
well as NFaaS negotiation, contracting, billing, and SLA management.
We solicit submissions of previously unpublished work on the following 
topics of interest (but not limited to):

- Resource allocation for NF consolidation in clouds
- Algorithms and methods for network service embedding
- Interoperability among cloud providers for network service embedding
- Abstractions and techniques for network service reconfiguration and 
scaling
- Service chaining for policy enforcement
- Architectures and interfaces for NF configuration and control
- NF verification, systematic testing, fault management, protection
- NF migration and state management
- SDN for network service deployment
- New models, protocols, and abstractions for flexible and agile network 
operations
- Design and implementation of NF stores
- NFaaS negotiation and contracting
- Resource pricing and billing for NFaaS
- SLAs for NFaaS
- Mobile Edge Computing
- Applications of NFV in cellular and mobile networks
- Experiences from NFV/SDN deployments in production networks

Submission Instructions

Submitted papers should not exceed 6 pages in IEEE format 
(double-column, 10pt font). Paper review is single-blind, i.e., papers 
should include author names and affiliations. Papers should be submitted 
via EDAS. All accepted and presented papers will be published in the 
conference proceedings and on IEEE Xplore.

Important Dates

Submission deadline: December 20, 2015
Acceptance notification: February 1, 2016
Camera ready paper submission: February 19, 2016
Workshop date: April 11, 2016

Workshop Organizing Team

Giuseppe Bianchi, University of Roma Tor Vergata, Italy
Nicola Blefari Melazzi, University of Roma Tor Vergata, Italy
Torsten Braun, University of Bern, Switzerland
Lefteris Mamatas, University of Macedonia, Greece
Panagiotis Papadimitriou, Leibniz University Hannover, Germany
Danny Raz, Technion / Bell Labs, Israel

TPC Co-Chairs
Erez Biton, Alcatel Lucent, Israel
Panagiotis Papadimitriou, Leibniz University Hannover, Germany

Publicity Chair
Lefteris Mamatas, University of Macedonia, Greece

Technical Program Committee
Erez Biton, Alcatel Lucent, Israel
Raouf Boutaba, University of Waterloo, Canada
Zravko Bozakov, EMC Research Europe, Ireland
Michael Bredel, NEC, Germany
Marco Canini, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
Zhen Cao, Leibniz University Hannover, Germany
Walter Cerroni, University of Bologna, Italy
Claudio Cicconetti, MBI, Italy
Christian Esteve Rothenberg, University of Campinas - UNICAMP, Brazil
Alex Galis, University College London, UK
Omer Gurewitz, Ben-Gurion University, Israel
Volker Hilt, Bell Labs/Alcatel-Lucent, Germany
Markus Hofmann, Bell Labs/Alcatel-Lucent, USA
Felipe Huici, NEC Europe Ltd, Germany
Holger Karl, University of Paderborn, Germany
Wolfgang Kellerer, Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany
Kirill Kogan, IMDEA Networks Institute, Spain
Diego Lopez, Telefonica I+D, Spain
Lefteris Mamatas, University of Macedonia, Greece
Vincenzo Mancuso, IMDEA Networks Institute, Spain
Michael McGrath, Intel Labs, Ireland
Antonio de la Oliva, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
Panagiotis Papadimitriou, Leibniz University Hannover, Germany
Symeon Papavassiliou, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Juergen Quittek, NEC Europe Ltd, Germany
Elisha Rosensweig, CloudBand / Alcatel-Lucent, Israel
Yaniv Saar, Bell Labs, Israel
Georgios Smaragdakis, MIT, USA
George Xilouris, NCSR Demokritos, Greece
Frank Zdarsky, Red Hat, Germany