Subject: [Seamoby] CAR Discovery Requirements Draft and Discussion at IETF 53

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:12:18 -0800

Folks,

Pat and I have asked Govind to submit an update to draft-krishnamurthi
prior to the 01+ draft deadline this Fri because we cannot change the
name to draft-ietf-seamboy since that would revert the version number
back to 00. After the gate opens and presuming we've reached closure on
the requirements, Govind will submit another draft after IETF 53 with
the working group draft file name and we will go to Working Group Last
Call.

We would like to have a comprehensive and through discussion on
requirements at IETF 53. We urge people who care about CAR discovery to
read the requirements and consider what they believe must be added or
clarified, and to bring these issues up at the meeting. If you have an
issue, please try to come up with some constructive suggestion for text
that might be added, changed, or removed in the requirements draft in
order to clarify or address the issue. We have limited time at the
meeting, and when people come up and simply criticize, it often takes
longer to come to agreement about what needs to be changed and what
wording will work to clarify the point in question. A proposal for text
is easier for people to consider than simply a criticism. If it will
help, we could also do online editing so that people can see the text in
the context of the document, but this is often more time consuming.

Remember, our goal is not to engage in a spirited and lively debate
(though that might happen) but rather to come to agreement about a set
of requirements that will guide our solution to the problem.

            jak

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby