Subject: RE: [Seamoby] Deadline Approaching: WG Last Call for Paging Asses sment Draft

From: "Pat R. Calhoun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 15:25:59 -0800

> From this point of view, I would nominate proposals that have base
> mobility support  without any particular references to LMM. The
> approach would be to merge all good  aspects of different mobility
> based proposals(MIP & MIPv6) from renker, sarikaya and  koodli
> drafts (without the concept of a base draft).

Trying to understand your proposal here. 

Are you stating that we shouldn't start with any particular starting
point, but rather starting pulling text from all directions into a
single document?

PatC

---

From: "Pat R. Calhoun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:20:49 -0800

>> yes. But that in itself will not provide a complete solution, more
>> work still needs to be done.

>So I have some difficulty seeing how that differs from taking a base
>document and pulling >in pieces from other documents where working
>group concensus is established to change  something.
>
>As I believe has been demonstrated many times over the last couple
>weeks, having a base  document makes it easier to criticize
>something. And you still need an editor to do the  document
>composition and keep track of issues, regardless of how you go about
>it.  

My thoughts exactly

PatC