Subject: [Seamoby] new version on TEXT ( individual CT proposal)

From: Nakhjiri Madjid-MNAKHJI1 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:08:17 -0600

Hi,

I have just submitted a new version of my old CT proposal.

 This is by no means intending to undermine the work that we are doing in 
the CT design team. This revision is actually long overdue
and should have been submitted long time ago.

This is no disrespect for the CT design team that I myself am part of.
The reason for revision is to update the reliability mechanisms
proposed in the TEXT v.0 and v.1. So it is mainly for accuracy of 
the reference.

The design team is coming with a new version of CTP as the chairs
indicated.

Regards,

Madjid

Abstract:
    This document presents a context transfer proposal that allows 
    completion of context transfer outside timing critical message 
    sequence for handover.  The context transfer process is initiated 
    at a moment of MN's choice (in regard to layer 2 and 3 handover 
    and MN's traffic) and is completed without a disruption in the 
    flow of MN's real time traffic. This proposal is in line with the 
    current fast handover framework within Mobile IP WG [3].  A 
    selective reliability mechanism (using UDP transport) for ensuring 
    quality of transferred context depending on the type of context 
    being transferred is provided.  
_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby