Subject: [Seamoby] Draft on Mobile IP architecture and Mobile IP reorg

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:34:33 -0800

Folks,

Pekka Nikander and I wrote a draft on separating out Mobile IP along the
architectural boundaries of global v.s. local link routing changes. The draft is
draft-kempf-mobileip-arch-00.txt. This draft was primarily intended as a
recommendation on the upcoming reorg of Mobile IP, which will be discussed at
the NSIIM BOF.

The draft makes a recommendation for taking all the work currently involved in
local link routing (CARD in Seamoby, ODAD, FastRA, FRA, etc. in IPv6, and FMIPv6
in Mobile IPv6) and grouping them together into a separate working group with a
tightly focussed charter based on architectural considerations, so that any
changes to RFC 2461 and 2462 are well-designed and co-ordinated.

Unfortunately, NSIIM is currently scheduled in the same time slot as Seamoby, so
it might not be possible to get adequate representation from Seamoby into this
discussion.

                jak

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby