Subject: [Seamoby] Fast roaming support via context caching and key pre-distribution

From: William Arbaugh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:30:48 -0500

All,

We've been working on supporting fast roaming at the University of 
Maryland, and we've developed some ideas, and we'd like to get some 
feedback. We've posted two new drafts. One implementing two new RADIUS 
extensions under AAAARCH to support notification of potential roam of a 
station, and a second to this group on caching context.

The first draft is located at 
http://www.cs.umd.edu/~waa/draft-irtf-aaaarch-handoff-00.txt
and the second at 
http://www.cs.umd.edu/~waa/draft-ietf-seamoby-mishra-00.txt

We've implemented the context caching as part of the IEEE 802.11 IAPP 
draft and found that it reduces the latency by an order of magnitude. 
You can find the details of that at:

http://www.cs.umd.edu/~waa/11-03-084r1-I-handoff.pdf

We're also working on extending it to support the centralized 
predistribution of keys which is described in:

http://www.ieee802.org/11/Documents/DocumentHolder/3-084.zip

We're interested in any and all feedback.

thanks, Bill

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby