Subject: [Seamoby] Proposal for CARD Information Algorithm Work

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:13:24 -0800

(Sorry for the cross posting, but it concerns both lists)

Here's a more precisely worded suggestion for addition to the MIP IRTF group
charter:

        The research group will also examine algorithms for automatic
configuration of
        access routers with information of use to Mobile Nodes during fast
handover.
       The Seamoby Working group is developing an Experimental protocol to
distribute
       such information between routers and between the router and Mobile Node
      (Candidate Access Router Discovery, CARD),  but the actual algorithms for
      determining whether a particular access point, seen by a Mobile Node and
       reported to the access router, is within range of a handover from the
router is
       not in scope. Neither is determining whether a particular access point is
authorized
       to provide service and therefore a candidate for handover. These
       topics will be material for the research group. The goal of the research
is to
      characterize the currently proposed approaches (learning based or server
based)
      and any other approaches, and determine under which conditions a
particular
      algorithm is a superior solution. These results will be returned to the
IETF if and
      when standardization of CARD is requested.

            jak

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby