Subject: [Seamoby] Question on CTSR

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 09:17:41 -0800

Question for the DT: is there any time when the MN would initiate a CTSR when it
would *not* be undergoing handover?

            jak

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:19:46 +0200

James,

> Then perhaps someone on the DT could tell me the point of having this message be
> separate from signaling from the MN that triggers the handover?

Currently, if one looks at the requirements, there are the following
requirements:

4.7 The context transfer solution MUST support context transfer before, 
    during and after handover.

4.13 The context transfer solution MUST include methods for interworking 
     with any IETF IP mobility solutions. 

4.14 The context transfer solution MAY include methods for interworking 
     with non-IETF mobility solutions. 

Which seem to seperate a tight-coupling of the Context Transfer
signaling with the MN handover signaling.  

My feeling was that we are working on a generalized context transfer
protocol.  Consideration for specific mobile handover signaling,
should either be placed in an appendix or seperate draft.

John

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:19:46 +0200

James,

John