Subject: [Seamoby] CARD issue#40: 8 bit CARD options length not enough

From: Marco Liebsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 18:30:11 +0200

Taking into account, that a 16-bit length indicator has been
proposed for the capability AVP sub-option, the 8-bit length
indicator of the CARD REQUEST and CARD REPLY option is not
enough. 

To find an appropriate solution, we should take the following
into consideration:

1. Do we need a 16-bit length indicator for AVPs?
2. Taking a policy to indicate CARD REQ/REPL length as
(n*8bit)units won't solve the problem when keeping 16-bit
for the AVPs.
3. Increase the length indicator of the CARD REQ/REPL to
16 or event 24 bit. Are there rules/requirements for TLV
encoding with regard to the L-size? If yes, then we must
meet them.

Comments?

marco 

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby