Subject: [Seamoby] About DATA AVPs

From: Ivano De Luca <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:11:28 +0200

I saw that seamoby card protocol is giong to be an RFC.
I posted you a question about the metric used by MobileNode to make 
handover among ARs.
But up to now I don't know how MobileNode can misure this metric......

Where could I find Informations about coding of AVP data to get the 
metric ?

Answer me,,,,,,please please

Ivano

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: "Eunsoo Shim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:42:49 -0400

The CARD protocol provides mechanisms a mobile node can receive information
about candidate access routers.
But the current specification does not define any specific attribute or
metric to be delivered by the CARD protocol.
The current specification defines the general format of the AVP but again
does not define the specific encoding rule of any attribute or metric which
is the value portion of the AVP.
Definition of attributes or metric or their encoding rules is out of scope
of the current draft.
So for now, you can define your own attributes and their encoding rules.
Hope this helps.

Eunsoo