Subject: [Seamoby] Working Group Last Call on draft-ietf-seamoby-ctp-04.txt

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:19:40 -0700

Working Group Last Call on the CTP draft (draft-ietf-seamoby-ctp-04.txt)
starts today and runs until Oct. 21. The document is currently being
processed by the IETF drafts editor, but I've posted a copy here:

http://www.geocities.com/kempf42/draft-ietf-seamoby-ctp-04.txt

so we can get started reviewing it.

Please carefully review the draft and post comments to the mailing list.

            jak

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: Julien Bournelle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 16:55:13 +0200

Hi all,  

after a quick review, these are my questions/comments concerning
ctp-04..

1. p4. 3 §

We call such an event as a Context Transfer Trigger

-> We call such en event a Context Transfer Trigger

2. In the second scenario, nAR may itself generates a Context Transfer
Request as a response to an internal trigger. 

The problem is that nAR "must" supply, the MN's previous IP address, the
feature contexts to be transferred and a token authorizing the transfer.

So, I guess that either we offer a way to the nAR to retrieve this info
from MN or the nAR can't generate a Context Transfer as a response to an
internal trigger.

Do I miss something ?

3. At the last paragraph p5. we have "[1].* contexts ...the
[2]algorithm[3]"

4. In § 2.3 Context Data Block, it is written:

"The Cxt-Type indicates the type of the feature context messages itself
(such as QoS Context Request, Qos Context Transfer etc,).."

can't it be deduce from CTAR/CTD/CTR ?

5. In § 2.4.1 Context Transfer Activate Request 

While a MN sends a CTAR to pAR, the MN includes the nAR's address and
its new IP address (if known).
If these addresses are not known, what does MN include ? (his previous IP
address or 0.0.0.0/0::0 ?)

6. I can't find "Context Transfer Framework for Seamless Mobility" :-(

Hope it helps :-)
-- 
[email-masked]