Subject: [Seamoby] Comments of Antti Tuominen on CTP draft

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:44:30 -0700

Forwarded.

            jak

---------------------------------------
I-D: draft-ietf-seamoby-ctp-04.txt
 
Review comments
---------------

1. In 2.3 it is specified that length is in 8 octet units.  However,
   if presence vector and data are not present we have 4 octet
   message.  Also context data may not 64bit align (especially when a
   presence vector is used).  So it seems to me that you either have
   to have 1 octet as the unit (which of course limits length to 255
   bytes) or do padding.

2. Also in 2.3 you use presence vector and presentation vector, so I
   guess s/Presentation Vector/presence vector/.

3. In 2.4.1, what are Type=Auth-Token and Type Len?  No description,
   seem redundant.  Same thing in 2.4.3 (also Algorithm) and 2.4.6.
   Old remnants?

4. Example in Appendix C is wrong.  First, you do not "subscribe" to
   all-nodes.  Node never sends MLD Report or Done for all-nodes.
   Second, you don't put Routing Header in MLD messages, but Router
   Alert Hop-by-hop option which is just 6 bytes (or 8 padded).  In
   consequence, all time and space overhead calculations are
   incorrect.

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 18:05:34 +0300

Hi,

> Review comments

good point. I've fixed this.

>    guess s/Presentation Vector/presence vector/.

Got it, thanks.

>    seem redundant.  Same thing in 2.4.3 (also Algorithm) and 2.4.6.

Yes, deleted tye type=x part, and made the reply field a full 64 bits.

>    consequence, all time and space overhead calculations are

got it.

thanks,
John