Subject: [Seamoby] Final Review Period on Drafts

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:38:27 -0700

Folks,

I've finished editing the Seamoby drafts to address the IESG Discuss
comments on CARD and the AD Review comments on CTP. New versions of the
drafts are available at:

http://www.geocities.com/kempf42/draft-ietf-seamoby-card-protocol-07.txt
http://www.geocities.com/kempf42/draft-ietf-seamoby-ctp-09.txt

In addition there is a new WG draft which contains instructions to IANA
about performing allocations for the Seamoby protocols. This draft is part
of the proposed resolution for the IESG Discuss comments from Thomas Narton
and Ted Hardie about the allocation of scarce port and ICMP numbering
resources to Seamoby. In Seoul, I talked to Thomas and Allison about how to
resolve this, and we decided to put the IANA allocation instructions in a
separate draft, so we could combine the instructions for both protocols. The
new draft is at:

http://www.geocities.com/kempf42/draft-ietf-seamoby-iana-00.txt

The last section in the CARD and CTP drafts contains a Change Log
describing, in detail, what changes I've made to the documents and why. This
should make it easier for people to review. In all cases, I've tried to work
the changes into the existing design framework where possible, to avoid any
major discontinuities.

I'd like to start a two week review period on the documents, to expire on
Tues. May 6. In order to faciliate review, I'd like people to submit
comments as a list of suggested changes to the documents. Each suggestion
must have the following format:

1) What text in the document you think needs changing.

2) How you propose to change the text. One of:

    a) Delete (and the text you propose deleting)
    b) Modify wording (and include both the text you want changed and the
text you propose substituting)
    c) Add text (and include the text you propose adding, indicating where
it should be added)

3) How your proposed change address the AD Review comments from Allison on
CTP or the IESG Discuss comments on CARD if you object to how the current
document proposes to resolve these. If your proposed changes are simple
corrections or modifications to the current proposals for resolving the AD
Review and IESG Discuss comments, or editorial changes, then this can be
omitted.

Lengthy or unstructured discussion, simple complaining, and vehement
arguments should be avoided at this point, since we need to get these drafts
finished. What we need is people with suggestions posting text and revisions
to that text.

After the review period, I'll collate the changes, incorporate those that
seem to have WG support into the document, and send the documents back to
the IESG.

            jak

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby