Subject: [Seamoby] draft-ietf-seamoby-iana-01.txt Now Ready

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 13:56:36 -0700

Allison,

The Seamoby WG draft, "Instructions for Seamoby Experimental Protocol IANA
Allocations", has been edited according to Thomas Narten's instructions sent
per email 5/20/04 and draft-ietf-seamoby-iana-01.txt has been submitted to
the Internet Drafts editor. It should be posted shortly.

In addition to Thomas' specific editing instructions, I made the following
changes to align the draft with two of his general recommendations:

1) I generalized the names of the ICMP type and SCTP port allocations from
"Seamoby" to "Experimental Mobility". I added a section allowing ("MAY")
other protocols to utilize the ICMP type, by allocating subtype codes, and
SCTP port, by allocating PPIs. The method of IETF Concensus is required to
utilize the resources and allocate the subtypes and PPIs. This should open
the resources for use by the experimental FMIP protocols, currently under
consideration in MIP4 and MIPSHOP, should Thomas and the respective WG
chairs so desire.

2) I removed the section on Expiration, since, as Thomas pointed out, IETF
hasn't been very proactive about reclaiming the allocations, so the
instructions were likely to go unheeded, and, besides, the requested
allocations were now so minor that they would not constitute a potential
burden.

The draft is now ready for publication as an Experimental RFC.

Thanx.

            jak

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby