Subject: RE: [Seamoby] Review Period Reminder

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 09:53:32 +0300

James,

Sorry, pushed the wrong button - here is the completed mail:

A few small comments on this draft:

http://www.geocities.com/kempf42/draft-ietf-seamoby-iana-00.txt

1) Status of this memo section needs to be updated with new boilerplate.
2) Abstract margins need fixing.
3) Needs IPR text
4) Is this a protocol document or a information document? If it is
   info, then probably keywords (MUST; SHOULD; MAY, etc) shouldn't
   be used.	
5) Section 5.2 - are these all of the possible L2, or just the initial ones?
   Should we declare a few others that are likely?
6) Section 6.0 - is MLD the only current context profile type?  Shouldn't
   we also allocate one for header compression as that is being specified?
7) Section 7.0 says:

     The Seamoby Working Group requests that IANA maintain allocations for the 
     port number and ICMP message type number for a minimum of 3 years after 
     which the allocations SHOULD be released, unless the Seamoby protocols are 
     advanced in some form to Proposed Standard. 

   Three years from what date? Publication of this draft, from publication as RFC?

thanks,
John

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 09:37:43 -0700

Hi John,

Previous comments in another email, continuing...

 >  we also allocate one for header compression as that is being specified?

I'm a little reluctant to step into that political minefield, especially
since there is not yet an RFC track draft with a header compression context
defined in it. I've seen an individual draft, but I don't know whether the
authors are intending to submit it for publication, and there is as yet no
WG draft in the ROHC group. I'll ask Allison.

>   Three years from what date? Publication of this draft, from publication
as RFC?

Good point. I think 3 years from publication of the draft.

            jak