Subject: [Seamoby] New CARD Issue: Version Number

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 15:19:18 -0700

I'd like to propose that we dedicate the bottom 3 bits of the low order byte
in the CARD Request/CARD Reply options to a 3 bit version number. This gives
us the ability to provide interoperability if binary incompatible changes
are made in the protocol when and if it becomes proposed standard. The rest
of the 5 bits would be used for the message type. This gives some room to
grow if additional message types are required.

Marco, can you add this to the issues list?

Any comment? Please send comments to the list by next Thurs. May 13. Thanx.

            jak

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: Marco Liebsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 14:19:37 +0200

...added to the issue tracker - issue#51: protocol version number 
identifier for CARD

https://roundup.machshav.com/seamoby/index

marco