Subject: [Seamoby] Disposition of Open CARD issues

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 10:01:09 -0700

So there's been no comment on the proposed resolutions I posted for issues
#46, #47, and #50. I'd like to declare those issues Closed. I will be
folding the proposed resolutions into the text. Marco, can you also please
update the issues Web page?

There is currently outstanding discussion on issues #48 and #49, and #51 was
posted within the week, so we'll keep comment open on those for another
week, until May 20.

Please send any comments to the list.

            jak

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 15:51:55 -0700

So the discussion period on issues #46, #47, and #50 has expired without
further comment, and I would like to incorporate the discussion into the
draft and submit it to the IESG for re-review. I would like to suggest the
following resolutions on the issues, per Marko's comments:

#46:
Section 4, paragraph 6: Add the following sentence:
        "The MN only need send the trusted anchor option if it does not have
the certificate chain for the router already cached. If the mobile node has
the certificate chain cached, either through preconfiguration, previous
receipt of the chain from this router, or through having received the chain
through a previous router, then the trusted anchor does not need to be
sent."

#47:
Section 5.1.2, 5.2.1.1 and 5.2.1.2: Change the Length field to 16 bits,
units of length are octets.

Section 5.1.3, 5.1.3.1-7, 5.1.4 - Change the Length field to 16 bits, units
of length are octets.

#50
Section 5.1.2: Add a 3 byte version code to the type code field.

A new technical comment from Thomas Narten is the following:

#51 (to be recorded)
Section 5.1.3.1: Change the length of the L2 Type Id field to 16 bits.

In addition to these technical comments, there were a few editorial comments
from Ajoy that I will be incorporating into the draft.

When I have completed these edits, I will submit draft 07 to the Internet
Drafts editor and inform Allison that the draft is ready for the IESG.

            jak