Subject: draft-ietf-secsh-publickey-subsystem is now a guinea pig.

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 17:14:01 -0400

Yesterday I received a request from Russ and Bert Wijnen to nominate a
document at or before WG Last Call as an experimental test of a slightly
different document editing process.

draft-ietf-secsh-publickey-subsystem seemed to be the right experimental
subject.

Here's what's going to happen:

 1) Jon Bright will make edits to the .xml which are responsive to the
comments received so far in the WG last call.

 2) he will then forward the result to Bert, who will forward the
document to the RFC editor.  

 3) the RFC editor will conduct a "real-time"-ish copyediting pass and
send the document back to us in about a week. 

 4) The WG will review the copyediting changes and undo any which are
not appropriate.

 5) I then send the document on to the AD for review as normal.

The theory is that, if successful, this will improve the quality of
documents going through WG and IETF-wide Last Call and AD and IESG
review, as well as reduce the post-IESG-approval latency of the RFC
Editor.
(currently running at about 7 months last I checked).

If step (3) above stalls out we can pick up as normal and move on.

					- Bill