Subject: Start of short WG Last Call on revised draft-ietf-secsh-publickey-subsystem-05

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:41:24 -0400

The draft returned from the RFC editor early-copy-editing experiment
with only a few changes.

Diffs can be found at:

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/secsh/draft-ietf-secsh-publickey-subsystem/draft-ietf-secsh-publickey-subsystem-05-from-04.diff.html

In looking at the changes, I see none which change the technical content
of the document.  Since I might have missed something, this message
marks the start of a one-week Last Call, ending on October 3rd, 2005.

Reviewer should focus primarily on the changes between the -04 and -05
revisions.

					- Bill

---

From: der Mouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:19:40 -0400 (EDT)

> http://tools.ietf.org/wg/secsh/draft-ietf-secsh-publickey-subsystem/draft-ietf-secsh-publickey-subsystem-05-from-04.diff.html

That doesn't work for me - I get a large number of lines intermixed
without any indication what's what, probably because the page depends
on font or background changes or some such that doesn't show up in a
text-only view.

I also don't see a copy of -04 in the IETF internet-drafts directory.
So I fetched -05 and diffed it against my saved copy of -03.  Based on
that, I see nothing I would change but copy-edit tweaks.

If you want them, I'll be happy to go through and write up a list, but
the language of your message seems to imply that you're looking for
substantive content issues, not fiddly copy-edit bits.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       [email-masked]
/ \ Email!	     7D C8 61 52 5D E7 2D 39  4E F1 31 3E E8 B3 27 4B

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:23:06 -0400

On Tuesday, September 27, 2005 05:19:40 PM -0400 der Mouse 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>> http://tools.ietf.org/wg/secsh/draft-ietf-secsh-publickey-subsystem/draf
>> t-ietf-secsh-publickey-subsystem-05-from-04.diff.html
>

Yeah, the rfcdiff tool used to generate those is really quite good, but it 
does depend on background color to get the point across.

---

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:41:46 -0400

> on font or background changes or some such that doesn't show up in a

the diffs on tools.ietf.org are generated by a tool which has multiple
output formats; the default used on that site uses background colors.

you can get the tool from:

http://tools.ietf.org/tools/rfcdiff/

(compared with a conventional "diff", it reduces the amount of noise in
the output from things like pagination changes).

					- Bill