Subject: Re: FW: Please re-review draft-ietf-secsh-publickeyfile [I06-050928-0006]

From: Jacob Nevins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 20:26:45 +0000

Michelle writes:
> However, the IANA Considerations section still needs work.  There is not
> much detail regarding what type of registry, are these values, what are
> the registration procedures, etc.
>
> If you need for me to look at a new version of the IANA Considerations
> section, please let me know.

Sam Hartman tells us (the SECSH WG) that this document needs to reach
closure by this Friday.

Therefore, as a matter of some urgency, can you review this proposed
"IANA considerations" section (relative to
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-secsh-publickeyfile-12.txt>)
and let us know whether it does what you need, so that we can progress
the document?:

5.  IANA Considerations

   Section 3.3 defines a new namespace of "Header-tags".  These are US-
   ASCII strings of maximum length 64 characters, and are case-
   insensitive.

   IANA is required to create and maintain a registry of these
   header-tags. The registry will map each header-tag to a reference
   defining the header.

   The initial contents of the registry are as follows:

      subject           defined in Section 3.3.1
      comment           defined in Section 3.3.2

   Header-tags beginning with "x-" are reserved for Private Use,
   as defined in [RFC2434].

   All other allocations are to be made by IETF Consensus, as
   defined in [RFC2434].

(In addition, we know we need to make the [RFC2434] reference
normative.)

Thanks in advance.