Subject: RFC 4419 on Diffie-Hellman Group Exchange for the Secure Shell (SSH) Transport Layer Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:12:56 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4419

        Title:      Diffie-Hellman Group Exchange for the 
                    Secure Shell (SSH) Transport Layer Protocol 
        Author:     M. Friedl,  N. Provos, 
                    W. Simpson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 18356
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-secsh-dh-group-exchange-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4419.txt

This memo describes a new key exchange method for the Secure Shell
(SSH) protocol.  It allows the SSH server to propose new groups on
which to perform the Diffie-Hellman key exchange to the client.  The
proposed groups need not be fixed and can change with time.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Secure Shell
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state 
and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...