Subject: [sfc] 转发: New Version Notification for draft-fu-sfc-topology-00.txt

From: Fu Qiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 16:14:07 +0800

Hi, all. I have just submitted a draft about the deployment topology of sfc.
Comparing with the architecture work, this work includes more details about how to deploy SFC in the network. A usecase of VCPE deployment, which is an example of usecase of SFC in the access network is also proposed in order to explain the topology and related technologies in depth.
Your comments are more than welcome. Thank you!

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
发送时间: 2015年7月6日 10:21
收件人: Qiao Fu; Joel M. Halpern; Qiao Fu; Joel. Halpern; Hui Deng; Hui Deng
主题: New Version Notification for draft-fu-sfc-topology-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-fu-sfc-topology-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Qiao Fu and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-fu-sfc-topology
Revision:	00
Title:		The topology of service function chaining
Document date:	2015-07-05
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		10
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fu-sfc-topology-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fu-sfc-topology/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fu-sfc-topology-00

Abstract:
   This document proposes a deployment topology of Service Function
   Chaining(SFC).  The topology is in accordance with the SFC
   architecture in [I-D.ietf-sfc-architecture].  Currently, such
   architecture only includes architectural concepts, principles, and
   components used in the construction of composite services through
   deployment of SFCs, without any instruction for the field deployment.
   It is still difficult to map from the architecture to a real
   deployment of SFC.  In this document, we propose this topology which
   will give instructions for the field deployments.  We further propose
   a VCPE usecase of SFC in the transport network, which explains the
   details of the deployment topology.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 11:20:48 +0800

Good staff. It helps me understand how to deploy SFC solution in current 
access network, while other usecases mainly focus on DC scenarioes.

Here are some questions when I saw this draft, would you please explain 
them for me more clearly?

1. The VCPE you mentioned in this draft is not the traditional Customers 
Premise Equipment in customers' home, is that right?
2. Your main purpose of this draft is to take advantage of the VCPE 
solution to improve the flexibility of current PTN network, is that right? 

And would you please give some more specific use cases to illustrate how 
the VCPE solution improve the current PTN network? 

Thanks very much.

BRs,
Linda Wang 

"sfc" <[email-masked]> 写于 2015-07-06 16:14:07:

> Fu Qiao <[email-masked]> 
> 发件人:  "sfc" <[email-masked]>
> 
> 2015-07-06 16:14
> 
> 收件人
> 
> <[email-masked]>, 
> 
> 抄送
> 
> "'Joel M. Halpern'" <[email-masked]>, 'Hui Deng' 
> <[email-masked]>
> 
> 主题
> 
> [sfc] 转发: New Version Notification for draft-fu-sfc-topology-00.txt
> 
> Comparing with the architecture work, this work includes more 
> details about how to deploy SFC in the network. A usecase of VCPE 
> deployment, which is an example of usecase of SFC in the access 
> network is also proposed in order to explain the topology and 
> related technologies in depth.
> _______________________________________________
> sfc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sfc

---

From: Fu Qiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 18:45:08 +0800

Hi, Wang Cui. Thank you for your comments and questions. I try to answer
them as follows.

发件人: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
发送时间: 2015年7月17日 11:21
收件人: Fu Qiao
抄送: 'Joel M. Halpern'; 'Hui Deng'; [email-masked]
主题: Re: [sfc] Re: New Version Notification for
draft-fu-sfc-topology-00.txt

Here are some questions when I saw this draft, would you please explain them
for me more clearly? 

[fq] Yes, the concept of VCPE is to shift most of the complex functions from
the traditional CPE side to the network side. And since it is a usecase of
SFC in the access and mobile core network, I put it in this draft as an
example for the deployment.

2. Your main purpose of this draft is to take advantage of the VCPE solution
to improve the flexibility of current PTN network, is that right? 

[fq] The main purpose of the draft is to illustrate a deployable topology of
the SFC. I use VCPE as a usecase. Of cause details of the solution do have
the advantage of improving the flexibility of current PTN network as you
concludeJ

And would you please give some more specific use cases to illustrate how the
VCPE solution improve the current PTN network? 

[fq] Since this draft is not intended to focus on VCPE topic, rather than
using it as an example for the deployment of SFC, so I do not put too much
contend and explanation about VCPE in it. I have another draft specifically
talking about the VCPE.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fu-dmm-vcpe-models/

You can look into this draft for more details about VCPE.

Thanks very much. 

BRs, 
Linda Wang 

"sfc" <[email-masked]> 写于 2015-07-06 16:14:07:

> 发件人: [email-masked] [ <mailto:[email-masked]>
mailto:[email-masked]] 
> URL:             <https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fu-sfc->
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fu-sfc-
> topology-00.txt
> Status:          <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fu-sfc-topology/>
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fu-sfc-topology/
> Htmlized:        <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fu-sfc-topology-00>
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fu-sfc-topology-00

>  <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sfc>