Subject: [sfc] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 11:51:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Service Function Chaining Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Network Service Header
        Authors         : Paul Quinn
                          Uri Elzur
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-01.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2015-07-23

Abstract:
   This draft describes a Network Service Header (NSH) inserted onto
   encapsulated packets or frames to realize service function paths.
   NSH also provides a mechanism for metadata exchange along the
   instantiated service path.  NSH is the SFC encapsulation as per SFC
   Architecture [SFC-arch]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-nsh/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Xuxiaohu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 07:24:04 +0000

Hi co-authors,

I wonder whether the NSH encapsulation would strictly follow the transport-independance principle as defined in the SFC architecture draft. If so, it's possible that the NSH would be transported over MPLS networks someday. As such, it's better to consider the first nibble issue associated with the current MPLS architecture from the beginning. I have not seen any text in this regard in this new version.

Best regards,
Xiaohu

________________________________________
发件人: sfc [[email-masked]] 代表 [email-masked] [[email-masked]]
发送时间: 2015年7月24日 2:51
收件人: [email-masked]
抄送: [email-masked]
主题: [sfc] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-01.txt

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
sfc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sfc