Subject: [sfc] RFC 8924 on Service Function Chaining (SFC) Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 16:47:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8924

        Title:      Service Function Chaining (SFC) Operations, 
                    Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) Framework 
        Author:     S. Aldrin, 
                    C. Pignataro, Ed.,
                    N. Kumar, Ed.,
                    R. Krishnan,
                    A. Ghanwani
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sfc-oam-framework-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8924

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8924

This document provides a reference framework for Operations,
Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) for Service Function Chaining
(SFC).

This document is a product of the Service Function Chaining Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 23:41:19 -0400

Congratulations and my thanks to the working group on progressing this.

There is a lot of followup proposed work related to this.  It would be 
good if folks would review and comment if they think it is useful.

Yours,
Joel

On 10/9/2020 7:47 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> sfc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sfc
>

---

From: James Guichard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 11:51:47 +0000

+1 !!

-----Original Message-----
From: sfc <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Joel M. Halpern
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2020 11:41 PM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [sfc] RFC 8924 on Service Function Chaining (SFC) Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) Framework

There is a lot of followup proposed work related to this.  It would be good if folks would review and comment if they think it is useful.

Yours,
Joel

On 10/9/2020 7:47 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
>          URL:        https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rfc-editor.org%2Finfo%2Frfc8924&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cjames.n.guichard%40futurewei.com%7Cb92d1044148f48078bd708d86cce6071%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637378980948682722%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=bKuZEJw27xjwrsvs3ebi28sACtZ5vEB6X8G1RuQzH%2Bw%3D&amp;reserved=0
> 
>          DOI:        10.17487/RFC8924
> 
>    https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fietf-announce&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cjames.n.guichard%40futurewei.com%7Cb92d1044148f48078bd708d86cce6071%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637378980948682722%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=pTWR9TUkTgHcphmPawjYQUKJ%2B86uxTzksAc4%2BApE1%2Bk%3D&amp;reserved=0
>    
> https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmail
> man.rfc-editor.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Frfc-dist&amp;data=04%7C01%7C
> james.n.guichard%40futurewei.com%7Cb92d1044148f48078bd708d86cce6071%7C
> 0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637378980948682722%7CUnknow
> n%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLC
> JXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=C4i8NOB%2B%2Bs9hVKfMAAqa0Z39BloTpxPn1bkS
> swRSwAI%3D&amp;reserved=0
> 
> For searching the RFC series, see 
> https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.
> rfc-editor.org%2Fsearch&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cjames.n.guichard%40futurewe
> i.com%7Cb92d1044148f48078bd708d86cce6071%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d559
> 1fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637378980948682722%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4
> wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sda
> ta=%2B8hgWl0KmmdqupKj%2FPcbWMdixLbe5c0jC8DG9X%2FAqQs%3D&amp;reserved=0
> For downloading RFCs, see 
> https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.
> rfc-editor.org%2Fretrieve%2Fbulk&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cjames.n.guichard%4
> 0futurewei.com%7Cb92d1044148f48078bd708d86cce6071%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c
> 753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637378980948682722%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8ey
> JWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C100
> 0&amp;sdata=FfqyU3nnWhPMZWh67F5P0%2FHQXFE8xr3wb917mYUgt6k%3D&amp;reser
> ved=0
> 
> author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  
> Unless specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are 
> for unlimited distribution.
> 
> 
> The RFC Editor Team
> https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.
> ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fsfc&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cjames.n.guichar
> d%40futurewei.com%7Cb92d1044148f48078bd708d86cce6071%7C0fee8ff2a3b2401
> 89c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637378980948682722%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d
> 8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C
> 1000&amp;sdata=2K3vnfEhNA%2F9HPVjsaQfktY959hJBPGdLXosjkxKeAk%3D&amp;re
> served=0
> 

_______________________________________________
sfc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fsfc&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cjames.n.guichard%40futurewei.com%7Cb92d1044148f48078bd708d86cce6071%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637378980948682722%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=2K3vnfEhNA%2F9HPVjsaQfktY959hJBPGdLXosjkxKeAk%3D&amp;reserved=0

---

From: Jeff Tantsura <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 12:13:55 -0700

+1

Regards,
Jeff

> On Oct 10, 2020, at 04:52, James Guichard <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> +1 !!
> 
> 
>