Subject: [sfc] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-08.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 08:53:03 -0800

Dear All,
updates in the new version address comments from Med (many thanks, Med).
Now, for the integrity protection of SFC active OAM and the Echo
Request/Reply refer to draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-integrity and use one of defined
in that draft MAC Context Headers. Resulting from that update, updated
related draft-ao-sfc-oam-path-consistency,
and draft-ao-sfc-oam-return-path-specified to use the same integrity
protection mechanism.

The authors of all these drafts much appreciate your comments, suggestions.
We also believe that these drafts provide the essential OAM functionality
for NSH-based SFC environments and appreciate steps to progress drafts
further.

Regards,
Greg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 10:46 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-08.txt
To: Cui(Linda) Wang <[email-masked]>, Bhumip Khasnabish <
[email-masked]>, Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>, Wei Meng <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-08.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam
Revision:       08
Title:          Active OAM for Service Function Chains in Networks
Document date:  2021-01-19
Group:          sfc
Pages:          21
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-08.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam/
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-08
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-08

Abstract:
   A set of requirements for active Operation, Administration and
   Maintenance (OAM) of Service Function Chains (SFCs) in networks is
   presented.  Based on these requirements, an encapsulation of active
   OAM message in SFC and a mechanism to detect and localize defects
   described.  Also, this document updates RFC 8300 in the definition of
   O (OAM) bit in the Network Service Header (NSH) and defines how the
   active OAM message is identified in SFC NSH.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat