Subject: [shara] BOF Approval but with modifications of scope

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 10:18:03 +0100

Dear SHARA interested,

I have decided to approve the SHARA BOF but with somewhat different
scope. This will be a non-wg forming BOF. I think it is important that
we first discuss the problems and benefits before deciding if work
should be chartered or not. The proposed work and solutions does have
close relation to the currently ongoing work in BEHAVE and SOFTWIRE WGs.
For example it is important to understand how SHARA relates to Dual
Stack-Lite and if it is a different architecture or simple different
choices within the same architecture.

One of the reasons I decided to make it a non-wg forming BOF is the
overloaded agenda. Removing all discussion about chartering will clearly
help reduced the load. I think further discussion and consideration of
what to put on the BOF agenda is important.

I would already now like to point out that if there are consensus about
the problem and the benefits of the trade off we can initiate chartering
discussion and actions before holding any second BOF in Stockholm.

I also appreciate proposals and volunteers for BOF chairs. As usual I
don't like the major proponents to chair the session. Instead I look for
individuals that think they can lead the discussion and ensure that the
important points are being discussed.

Best Regards

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 11:25:04 +0100

Magnus,

Thank you for approving the BOF. The proposed approach is fine as well.

We'll continue working to enhance documentation, and the agenda, by the BOF with feedback received this far.

Best regards,

        Teemu

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
>On Behalf Of ext Magnus Westerlund
>Sent: 06 February, 2009 11:18
>To: [email-masked]
>Cc: 'Softwire Chairs'; [email-masked]
>Subject: [shara] BOF Approval but with modifications of scope
>
>Dear SHARA interested,
>
>I have decided to approve the SHARA BOF but with somewhat
>different scope. This will be a non-wg forming BOF. I think it
>is important that we first discuss the problems and benefits
>before deciding if work should be chartered or not. The
>proposed work and solutions does have close relation to the
>currently ongoing work in BEHAVE and SOFTWIRE WGs.
>For example it is important to understand how SHARA relates to
>Dual Stack-Lite and if it is a different architecture or
>simple different choices within the same architecture.
>
>One of the reasons I decided to make it a non-wg forming BOF
>is the overloaded agenda. Removing all discussion about
>chartering will clearly help reduced the load. I think further
>discussion and consideration of what to put on the BOF agenda
>is important.
>
>I would already now like to point out that if there are
>consensus about the problem and the benefits of the trade off
>we can initiate chartering discussion and actions before
>holding any second BOF in Stockholm.
>
>I also appreciate proposals and volunteers for BOF chairs. As
>usual I don't like the major proponents to chair the session.
>Instead I look for individuals that think they can lead the
>discussion and ensure that the important points are being discussed.
>
>Best Regards
>
>Magnus Westerlund
>
>_______________________________________________
>shara mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/shara
>