Subject: [shara] SHARA draft agenda - take two

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:01:24 +0100

Hi,

Thanks to everyone that provided feedback in the first version of the 
agenda.

I attach the new version of the agenda. Comments, again, are welcome.

Some notes on the agenda though.
First, If someone wants to be involved in any of the presentations, 
please let un know and we will try to get you involved.
Second, if someone thinks there additional topics that need to be 
disucssed, please let us know and we try to see how this fits in.

In particular, there are a few presentations that are already proposed 
as joint presentations.
- The presentation about Issues with address sharing approaches will be 
prepared by Mat Ford & M. Boucadair.
- The presentation about scenarios and use cases, it is on me right now, 
but if there are some volunteers to help me out with this one, it would 
appreciated. Maybe this could be a good place to talk about the two 
plaers interested in this, ISP and mobile operators. Let me know if you 
are interested.
- There will be a slot for presenting the solutions space for shara. We 
are proposing a 30 min slot and the ideal would be a joint presentation 
including the different people involved in the different proposals, 
namely, R. Bush, G. Bajko, M. Boucadair, P. Levis, Olaf, R.Despres, T. 
Savolainen. I strongly beleive that it important to keep this 
presentation at a high level. I mean, i don't think going into the 
details of what the dhcp option or the ppp extension would look like 
would be interesting at this point of the discussion. This will be a 
hard coordination work cause there is multiple people involve, but we 
are willing to work with you in case you need it to make progress.
- There is a presentation on security implications. At this point we 
have included P. Levis cause is one person that said that would be 
interested in this point. Now, i think this presentation should cover 
all the securiy aspects (at least identify them). If more people is 
willing to help, let us know

So, here is the new version, regards, marcelo

SHARA BOF Preliminary Agenda -- Take Two

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
SHARA BOF
MONDAY, March 23, 2009
0900-1130 Morning Session I
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

BOF Introduction -- Chairs (15 minutes)
-- Blue sheets, Jabber scribe, minute takers
-- BOF goals (e.g. non-working group forming)
-- IETF division of labor (BEHAVE, Softwares, SHARA BOF)
-- IPv4 exhaustion and its implications
-- Classes of proposals:  CGN, Distributed Shared Addresses
-- Axes for discussion
    -- Impact on classes of applications
    -- Security effects
    -- Scalability
    -- Operations & Management issues

Problem Space

Issues with address sharing approaches -- Mat Ford & M. Boucadair (15 
minutes)
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ford-shared-addressing-issues
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-levis-behave-ipv4-shortage-framework

Distributed Shared Addressing scenarios - Marcelo and volunteers. (10  
minutes)
based on http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-arkko-townsley-coexistence

Solution space for address sharing -- R. Bush, G. Bajko, M. Boucadair, 
P. Levis, Olaf, R.Despres, T. Savolainen (30 minutes)
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ymbk-aplusp
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boucadair-port-range
https://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/draft-bajko-pripaddrassign
https://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/draft-boucadair-pppext-portrange-option
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-despres-sam
https://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/draft-despres-sam-scenarios

Implications

Benefits of NAT avoidance -- T. Savolainen (10 minutes)

Implications of SHARA on Operations & Mgmt -- A. Durand (10 minutes)

Implications for Transparency -- D. Wing (10 minutes)

Security Implications - P. Levis (10 min)

Open Questions

What are we missing? -- Geoff Huston (10 minutes)

Discussion -- All (30 minutes)

---

From: Rémi Després <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:13:26 +0100

> I attach the new version of the agenda. Comments, again, are welcome.
Much better.
Thanks :-).

RD