Subject: [shara] PE-ARP IPv4 address sharing software release

From: mkarir <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 11:05:05 -0400

All,

We are pleased to announce the public release of our PE-ARP
(Port Enabled ARP) software that allows IPv4 address sharing by  
leveraging ARP
and allowing it to include port information in mapping IP
addresses to hardware addresses.  The various pieces of the software
can be found at:

http://software.merit.edu/pe-arp/

In particular the various pieces are (not all pieces are necessary for
all scenarios, but together they address all scenarios):

1: modifed Linux kernel patch which implements a modified ARP protocol
    and ARP table
2: modified ISC DHCP server implementation which implements port-range  
management
    for PE-ARP hosts
3: libpearp for aiding applications in SRV lookups which are needed to  
allow
    servers to operate in the PE-ARP environment
4: OpenWRT implementation that allows PE-ARP functionality to be  
implemented
    on a Linksys wireless router (and shows how a single IP address  
obtained
    via a DSL/cable modem can be shared by all devices in a home  
without NAT).

Please feel free to download and try the code.  Comments, questions,
and feedback are welcome.

Thanks
-manish

Manish Karir
Network Research and Development
Merit Network Inc.