Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-shim6-proto-03.txt
From: Geoff Huston <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:38:00 +1100

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Site Multihoming by IPv6 Intermediation 
Working Group of the IETF.

         Title           : Level 3 multihoming shim protocol
         Author(s)       : M. Bagnulo, E. Nordmark
         Filename        : draft-ietf-shim6-proto-03.txt
         Pages           : 118
         Date            : 2005-12-21

The SHIM6 working group is specifying a layer 3 shim approach and
    protocol for providing locator agility below the transport protocols,
    so that multihoming can be provided for IPv6 with failover and load
    spreading properties, without assuming that a multihomed site will
    have a provider independent IPv6 address prefix which is announced in
    the global IPv6 routing table.  The hosts in a site which has
    multiple provider allocated IPv6 address prefixes, will use the shim6
    protocol specified in this document to setup state with peer hosts,
    so that the state can later be used to failover to a different
    locator pair, should the original one stop working.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-proto-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the 
message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
         "get draft-ietf-shim6-proto-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
         [email-masked].
In the body type:
         "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-proto-03.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
         MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
         feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
         command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
         a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
         exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
         "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
         up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
         how to manipulate these messages.

Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 22:19:48 +0000
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:18:01 +1100
To: [email-masked]
From: Geoff Huston <[email-masked]>
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-shim6-failure-detection-03.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Site Multihoming by IPv6 Intermediation 
Working Group of the IETF.

         Title           : Failure Detection and Locator Pair Exploration 
Protocol for IPv6 Multihoming
         Author(s)       : J. Arkko, I. van Beijnum
         Filename        : draft-ietf-shim6-failure-detection-03.txt,.pdf
         Pages           : 42
         Date            : 2005-12-21

This document defines a mechanism for the detection of communication
    failures between two communicating hosts at IP layer, and an
    exploration protocol for switching to another pair of interfaces
    and/or addresses between the same hosts if a working pair can be
    found.  The draft also discusses the roles of a multihoming protocol
    versus network attachment functions at IP and link layers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-failure-detection-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the 
message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
         "get draft-ietf-shim6-failure-detection-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
         [email-masked].
In the body type:
         "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-failure-detection-03.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
         MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
         feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
         command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
         a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
         exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
         "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
         up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
         how to manipulate these messages.

Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:56:32 +0000
Cc: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Geoff Huston <[email-masked]>
From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Working Group Last Call for Hash Based Addresses (draft-ietf-shim6-hba-01.txt) 
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 14:56:21 +0100
To: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>

Hi,

El 01/12/2005, a las 13:59, Francis Dupont escribi=F3:

>  In your previous mail you wrote:
>
>> =3D> it should be fine to have an example (in the document or if it =
is
>> really too late in the list) like the Appendice A of RFC 3972.
>
>    Its never too late to rev the document (well almost never!), and as=20=

> far as
>    I can tell an example of this form would be a good addition to the
>    document. Please send text.
>
> =3D> I can send text but I'd prefer not to send the numerical values.
>

ok, send me the text and i can try to fill in the numbers

>> PS: I'll provide an implementation in private as soon as I can get
>> an independent test (like an example...)
>
>    That would be helpful.
>
> =3D> it is an OpenSSL module for CGAs and HBAs. Marcelo should still =
have
> a previous version, I don't distribute it because of the IPRs on CGAs.
>

The code is posted in http://ops.ietf.org/multi6/

regards, marcelo

> Regards
>
> [email-masked]
>

Envelope-to: [email-masked]
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:01:10 +0000
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
To: Geoff Huston <[email-masked]>
cc: [email-masked], "marcelo bagnulo braun" <[email-masked]>, Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Working Group Last Call for Hash Based Addresses (draft-ietf-shim6-hba-01.txt) 
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:59:44 +0100

 In your previous mail you wrote:

   >=> it should be fine to have an example (in the document or if it is
   >really too late in the list) like the Appendice A of RFC 3972.
   
   Its never too late to rev the document (well almost never!), and as far as 
   I can tell an example of this form would be a good addition to the 
   document. Please send text.
   
=> I can send text but I'd prefer not to send the numerical values.
   
   >PS: I'll provide an implementation in private as soon as I can get
   >an independent test (like an example...)
   
   That would be helpful.
   
=> it is an OpenSSL module for CGAs and HBAs. Marcelo should still have
a previous version, I don't distribute it because of the IPRs on CGAs.

Regards

[email-masked]

Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 02:20:45 +0000
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:19:39 +1100
To: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
From: Geoff Huston <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Working Group Last Call for Hash Based Addresses (draft-ietf-shim6-hba-01.txt) 
Cc: [email-masked], "marcelo bagnulo braun" <[email-masked]>, Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>

At 10:22 AM 1/12/2005, Francis Dupont wrote:
>  In your previous mail you wrote:
>
>    As there have been no objections, the document will now be forwarded 
> to the
>    AD for publication as a  Proposed Standard
>
>=> it should be fine to have an example (in the document or if it is
>really too late in the list) like the Appendice A of RFC 3972.

Its never too late to rev the document (well almost never!), and as far as 
I can tell an example of this form would be a good addition to the 
document. Please send text.

>PS: I'll provide an implementation in private as soon as I can get
>an independent test (like an example...)

That would be helpful.

Is anyone else working on an implementation of HBAs?? It would be good to 
be able to generate an implementation report for the IESG on this draft 
citing two independent implementations of the spec.

thanks,

    Geoff