Subject: LinShim6 0.9 released

From: Sébastien Barré <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:43:21 +0100

Hi,

I am glad to announce that LinShim6 version 0.9 has been released. The 
major additions are the followings:

------------------
- Support for Keepalive Timeout option
- Faster failure recovery for TCP applications (thanks to RTO reset upon 
path change)
- Shim6 can now be compiled as a module. The trigger heuristic is 
defined as a separate module. So that it can be
  unloaded or replaced depending on the needs. For example, a server 
that does not want to initiate a Shim6
  negotiation by itself, but only answer to requests, can simply unload 
the heuristic module.
- Added a console option, that allows dynamic setting of the failure 
detection timer.
------------------

The useful links are the followings :

* LinShim6 main page, where you can download the kernel patch and the 
daemon : http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/LinShim6
* Updated draft shim6-impl (implementation report) : 
http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/publications/shim6-implementation-report-linshim6
* Documentation (not yet updated for 0.9, however) : 
http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/publications/linshim6-implementation-shim6-protocol 

regards,

Sébastien.

-- 
Sébastien Barré
Researcher,
CSE department, UCLouvain, Belgium
http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/sbarre

Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:44:48 +0000
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:43:21 +0100
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=E9bastien_Barr=E9?= <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Subject: LinShim6 0.9 released

Hi,

I am glad to announce that LinShim6 version 0.9 has been released. The 
major additions are the followings:

------------------
- Support for Keepalive Timeout option
- Faster failure recovery for TCP applications (thanks to RTO reset upon 
path change)
- Shim6 can now be compiled as a module. The trigger heuristic is 
defined as a separate module. So that it can be
  unloaded or replaced depending on the needs. For example, a server 
that does not want to initiate a Shim6
  negotiation by itself, but only answer to requests, can simply unload 
the heuristic module.
- Added a console option, that allows dynamic setting of the failure 
detection timer.
------------------

The useful links are the followings :

* LinShim6 main page, where you can download the kernel patch and the 
daemon : http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/LinShim6
* Updated draft shim6-impl (implementation report) : 
http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/publications/shim6-implementation-report-linshim6
* Documentation (not yet updated for 0.9, however) : 
http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/publications/linshim6-implementation-shim6-protocol 

regards,

Sébastien.

-- 
Sébastien Barré
Researcher,
CSE department, UCLouvain, Belgium
http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/sbarre

Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 18:30:54 +0000
From: Geoff Huston <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-shim6-proto-12.txt 
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 05:29:16 +1100

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts  
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Site Multihoming by IPv6  
Intermediation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Shim6: Level 3 Multihoming Shim Protocol for IPv6
	Author(s)       : E. Nordmark, M. Bagnulo
	Filename        : draft-ietf-shim6-proto-12.txt
	Pages           : 137
	Date            : 2009-02-06

This document defines the Shim6 protocol, a layer 3 shim for
providing locator agility below the transport protocols, so that
multihoming can be provided for IPv6 with failover and load sharing
properties, without assuming that a multihomed site will have a
provider independent IPv6 address prefix which is announced in the
global IPv6 routing table.  The hosts in a site which has multiple
provider allocated IPv6 address prefixes, will use the Shim6 protocol
specified in this document to setup state with peer hosts, so that
the state can later be used to failover to a different locator pair,
should the original one stop working.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-proto-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/