Subject: [shim6] Document Action: 'Socket Application Program Interface (API) for Multihoming Shim' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-shim6-multihome-shim-api-17.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 10:09:09 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Socket Application Program Interface (API) for Multihoming Shim'
  (draft-ietf-shim6-multihome-shim-api-17.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Site Multihoming by IPv6
Intermediation Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-shim6-multihome-shim-api/

Technical Summary

   This document defines socket API extensions by which upper layer
   protocols may be informed about and control the way in which a
   multihoming shim sub-layer in the IP layer (SHIM6) manages the 
   dynamic choice of locators. Initially these socket API extensions 
   apply to SHIM6 and HIP, but the API is intentionally defined in
   a generic fashion.

Working Group Summary

   This document is a product of the SHIM6 WG. It received reviews by
   the SHIM6 WG participants through two Working Group Last Calls, and
   reflects the rough consensus of the WG that the document is
   appropriate for publication as an Informational RFC.

Document Quality

   The SHIM6 WG, the chairs, and the responsible area director have 
   deemed the document to be of good quality.

RFC Editor Note

  Please change all statements of the form

     argument MUST be large enough to store an array of locator information

  to

     argument SHOULD be large enough to store an array of locator information