Subject: [shim6] RFC 6316 on Sockets Application Program Interface (API) for Multihoming Shim

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 09:05:45 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6316

        Title:      Sockets Application Program Interface (API) 
                    for Multihoming Shim 
        Author:     M. Komu, M. Bagnulo,
                    K. Slavov, S. Sugimoto, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      44
        Characters: 93076
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-shim6-multihome-shim-api-17.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6316.txt

This document specifies sockets API extensions for the multihoming
shim layer.  The API aims to enable interactions between applications
and the multihoming shim layer for advanced locator management, and
access to information about failure detection and path exploration.

This document is based on an assumption that a multihomed host is
equipped with a conceptual sub-layer (hereafter called "shim sub-
layer") inside the IP layer that maintains mappings between
identifiers and locators.  Examples of the shim are Shim6 and the
Host Identity Protocol (HIP).  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational 
purposes.

This document is a product of the Site Multihoming by IPv6 Intermediation Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC