Subject: Re: [Sidr] Transport security

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:42:51 -0400 (EDT)

>EKR has sent a paper on this to bts and tcpm lists.  Joe Touch has suggested
>that the right place to discuss this is bts.

The last comment at the mike in the meeting (I believe it was Lars),
was that the transport area was interested in guidance about this
from security and from routing folk, but that it needed to be done
in the tcpm working group.

I believe deciding where it gets done is the responsibility of the
ADs involved.

--Sandy

_______________________________________________
Sidr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:50:30 +0300 (EEST)

> in the tcpm working group.

Which qualification, "if the modification involves TCP".

There may be solutions (Bellovin's could be one; not sure of others) 
that don't.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

---

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:28:03 -0400

>I believe deciding where it gets done is the responsibility of the

Since all of the proposals say that they are solutions specific to 
the context of routers, I don't think this is an issue that ought to 
be handed exclusively in the transport area. It is a routing and 
security issue.

Steve