Subject: [sidr] RIPE NCC rpki validator online

From: Tim Bruijnzeels <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 16:02:42 +0200

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that we published a new version of our
rpki validator on RIPE Labs:

http://labs.ripe.net/Members/agowland/ripe-ncc-validator-for-resource-certification

It may be interesting for some on the people on this list as well. You
are all invited to have a look, and feel free to comment on the article.
'RIPE Labs' is maintained by the RIPE NCC, but its target audience is
the internet community as a whole, not just RIPE NCC members.

The validator is a simple command line tool that will do top-down
validation given a trust anchor, or bottom-up validation given a
certificate or ROA (and a trust anchor). Currently only ROAs are
supported (well, and certs, manifests and crls of course).

Note that this tool is not like rcynic, or BBN's tool. This one is
intended for ad-hoc testing, not proper and efficient caching, or
communication using the RPKI-RTR protocol.  We may extend it with this
type of functionality, but if/when we do so depends on community feedback.

Cheers,
Tim