Subject: [sidr] WG adoption of draft-reynolds-rpki-ltamgmt-01.txt

From: Sandra Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 18:03:30 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

The wg chairs have received a request that the working group adopt the 
draft "Local Trust Anchor Management for the Resource Public Key 
Infrastructure" <draft-reynolds-rpki-ltamgmt-01.txt> as a wg work item.

This material of this draft was presented at

IETF 75 
(http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/75/slides/sidr-3/sidr-3_files/v3_document.htm)
IETF 76 (http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/76/slides/sidr-11.pdf)
and IETF 77 
(http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/77/slides/sidr-6/sidr-6_files/v3_document.htm)

A draft was requested by the audience at IETF 75.  The -00 version was 
submitted in Mar 2010 and wg adoption was requested.  Response to that 
request did not indicate wg consensus - the responses were positive but 
there were only three replies.

A new version of the draft is available at
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-reynolds-rpki-ltamgmt-01.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reynolds-rpki-ltamgmt-01

The authors request that the wg consider this new version again for wg 
adoption.

Recall that active support for adoption is necessary for the wg chairs to 
judge acceptance as a working group work item, so silence works against 
adoption. The wg chairs also want to know who would be willing to work on 
the draft.  The wg chairs also want to know if you oppose adoption.

Please respond to the list, giving your recommendation for or against 
adoption of the draft as a wg work item as well as your intention to work 
on the draft if adopted. The call for adoption will end in two weeks on 11 
Oct 2010.

--Sandy, wg chair bowler on

---

From: Karen Seo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 10:13:17 -0400

I'm in favor of wg adoption.

>The wg chairs have received a request that the working group adopt 
>the draft "Local Trust Anchor Management for the Resource Public Key 
>A draft was requested by the audience at IETF 75.  The -00 version 
>was submitted in Mar 2010 and wg adoption was requested.  Response 
>to that request did not indicate wg consensus - the responses were 
>positive but there were only three replies.
>
>The authors request that the wg consider this new version again for 
>wg adoption.
>
>Recall that active support for adoption is necessary for the wg 
>chairs to judge acceptance as a working group work item, so silence 
>works against adoption. The wg chairs also want to know who would be 
>willing to work on the draft.  The wg chairs also want to know if 
>you oppose adoption.
>
>Please respond to the list, giving your recommendation for or 
>against adoption of the draft as a wg work item as well as your 
>intention to work on the draft if adopted. The call for adoption 
>will end in two weeks on 11 Oct 2010.
>
>_______________________________________________
>sidr mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr