Subject: Re: [sidr] testbed sprint sat before ietf

From: Andrew Chi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 20:05:21 -0500

On 10/7/2010 7:32 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
>>> saturday november 6, we will be doing an rpki testbed workshop and
>>> hackathon in the ietf terminal room.  bring unix/macosx/linux laptop,
>>> or access to a system on which you can do the install and configure.
>> For public information, what code will you be using for this?
>
> the open source full implementation (rpki, up/down, publication, relying
> party, gui, mocha ice cream), implementation at http://www.rpki.net/.
> and this goes all the way to some test routers to do origin validation.
>

I've brought BBN's version of the relying party software, and would like 
to try it out as well as compare results with other RP software (e.g. 
rcynic, others?) to see if multiple implementations get the same answers.

Would Wednesday 4pm in the terminal room work for people?

-Andrew

---

From: Tim Bruijnzeels <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 09:53:17 +0800

> Would Wednesday 4pm in the terminal room work for people?

Unfortunately I could not be here in time for the Saturday hackaton.

I am very interested to compare results. I can do the testing using our
(RIPE NCC) command line validation tool. It's not a full fledged
backgrounding, caching, rpki-rtr speaking validator, but it should be
able to deal with ad-hoc top-down and bottom-up validation.

I can make time Wednesday 4pm, but prefer Thursday any time after the
sidr session. (was planning to go see the forbidden city or maybe even
great wall tomorrow).

Cheers
Tim

> -Andrew
> 
> _______________________________________________
> sidr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr

---

From: Andrew Chi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 01:22:18 -0500

> sidr session. (was planning to go see the forbidden city or maybe even

Thursday after the SIDR session would be great.  Let's do it then.

The validation is the part I'm interested in comparing (our RTR code is 
only lightly tested).

-Andrew

---

From: Tim Bruijnzeels <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 13:29:19 +0800

> The validation is the part I'm interested in comparing (our RTR code is

Great I will be there. I have until 3:30 pm but don't need a lot of time
for lunch. So I can be there 12:30 - 3:30. I expect this should give us
enough time to do some testing and arrange for possible follow-ups.

See you tomorrow

Tim