Subject: [sidr] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-manifests-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 18:15:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Manifests for the Resource Public Key Infrastructure
	Author(s)       : R. Austein, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-manifests-09.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2010-11-08

This document defines a "manifest" for use in the Resource Public Key
Infrastructure (RPKI).  A manifest is a signed object (file) that
contains a listing of all the signed objects (files) in the
repository publication point (directory) associated with an authority
responsible for publishing in the repository.  For each certificate,
Certificate Revocation List (CRL), or other type of signed objects
issued by the authority, that are published at this repository
publication point, the manifest contains both the name of the file
containing the object, and a hash of the file content.  Manifests are
intended to enable a relying party (RP) to detect certain forms of
attacks against a repository.  Specifically, if an RP checks a
manifest's contents against the signed objects retrieved from a
repository publication point, then the RP can detect "stale" (valid)
data and deletion of signed objects.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-manifests-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.