Subject: [sidr] Certificate Policy -- last change

From: Karen Seo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 11:31:13 -0400

Sandy, Chris -- If there are no complaints by the end of this week 
about the proposed change below, we will have addressed all known 
comments and request that you declare WGLC done on the Certificate 
Policy.

All -- Based on input from Geoff Huston and Randy Bush, we propose to 
change the 2nd paragraph of the Overview as follows.

From:
   "The structure of the RPKI is modeled on the existing organizational
    structure that is already responsible for IP address and AS number
    resource allocation. In this allocation hierarchy, IANA allocates
    resources to five Regional Internet Registries (RIRs), each of which
    manages address and AS number allocation within a defined
    geopolitical region. The RIRs in turn allocate resources to Internet
    Service Providers, to subscribers with so-called provider-
    independent ("portable") allocations, and in some regions, to
    National Internet Registries (NIRs). (The term LIR is used in some
    regions to refer to what other regions define as an ISP. Throughout
    the rest of this document we will use the term ISP to simplify
    references to these entities.)"

To:
   "The structure of the RPKI is congruent with the number resource
    allocation framework of the Internet. The IANA allocates number
    resources for special purposes [RFC5736], to Regional Internet
    Registries (RIRs), and to others.  The RIRs, in turn, manage the
    allocation of number resources to end users, Internet Service
    Providers, and others."

Thank you,
Karen

---

From: Andrei Robachevsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:05:29 +0100

This change works for me, I support the request for the WGLC for this
document.

Andrei

Karen Seo wrote on 16/11/10 4:31 PM:
> Sandy, Chris -- If there are no complaints by the end of this week about
> the proposed change below, we will have addressed all known comments and
> request that you declare WGLC done on the Certificate Policy.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> sidr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr
>