Subject: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 17:10:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : A Profile for BGPsec Router Certificates, Certificate Revocation Lists, and Certification Requests
        Authors         : Mark Reynolds
                          Sean Turner
                          Steve Kent
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles-11.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2015-08-06

Abstract:
   This document defines a standard profile for X.509 certificates for
   the purposes of supporting validation of Autonomous System (AS) paths
   in the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), as part of an extension to that
   protocol known as BGPsec.  BGP is a critical component for the proper
   operation of the Internet as a whole.  The BGPsec protocol is under
   development as a component to address the requirement to provide
   security for the BGP protocol.  The goal of BGPsec is to design a
   protocol for full AS path validation based on the use of strong
   cryptographic primitives.  The end-entity (EE) certificates specified
   by this profile are issued under Resource Public Key Infrastructure
   (RPKI) Certification Authority (CA) certificates, containing the AS
   Identifier Delegation extension, to routers within the Autonomous
   System (AS) or ASes.  The certificate asserts that the router(s)
   holding the private key are authorized to send out secure route
   advertisements on behalf of the specified AS(es).  This document also
   profiles the Certificate Revocation List (CRL), profiles the format
   of certification requests, and specifies Relying Party certificate
   path validation procedures.  The document extends the RPKI;
   therefore, this documents updates the RPKI Resource Certificates
   Profile (RFC 6487).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/