Subject: [sidr] Update to BGPsec BIRD Implementation

From: Michael Baer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 09:01:58 -0700

Hi all,

I wanted to announce newer versions of BGPsec supporting code using
BIRD: bgpsec-bird-client v1.0 and v0.6 of BGPsec support code for
BIRD.  They are available as a source tarballs at:

http://bgpsec.tislabs.com

The bgpsec-bird-client application has two main features.  It uses the
rpki-rtr protocol (http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc6810) via RTRlib
(https://rpki.realmv6.org/trac/) to download RPKI ROAs and router keys
and then loads them into a running BIRD router
(e.g. rtr_roa_table). It also supports the RPKI-RTR-MIB
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc6945/) using the Net-SNMP toolkit
(http://www.net-snmp.org).

The BGPsec supporting BIRD code is currently based on v1.4.5 of
BIRD. The main changes from the last release is that the the lack of
the configure directive, --enable-bgpsec, will remove most of the
BGPsec related code at compile time (i.e. without the --enable-bgpsec,
the compiled code will be the same as the standard BIRD v1.4.5).  It
currently supports draft version 12 of the BGPsec protocol
specification.

This is an ongoing project following the IETF's SIDR Working Group's
RPKI/BGPsec work:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/sidr/charter/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol/

The code is still at the testing stage and should not be use used for
production services.

If any one wants to test the code, please feel free to email me
any questions or bug reports.

Thanks,
Mike

-- 
Michael Baer
Parsons
[email-masked]