Subject: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 13:36:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : An Out-Of-Band Setup Protocol For RPKI Production Services
        Author          : Rob Austein
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
   This note describes a simple out-of-band protocol to ease setup of
   the RPKI provisioning and publication protocols between two parties.
   The protocol is encoded in a small number of XML messages, which can
   be passed back and forth by any mutually agreeable secure means.

   This setup protocol is not part of the provisioning or publication
   protocol, rather, it is intended to simplify configuration of these
   protocols by setting up relationships and exchanging BPKI keying
   material.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 16:37:36 -0400

If you read last week's version, don't bother reading this one.

The only change was updating one of the references to point to the
current WG RRDP draft instead of the expired individual submission.

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 20:48:02 -0400

However, a bonus prize (which almost certainly doesn't belong in an
I-D anyway) for those who implemented portions of the original version
of this protocol: an XSL transform that translates between the
original version and the version specified in the I-D.  Currently at:

  http://subvert-rpki.hactrn.net/branches/tk705/potpourri/oob-translate.xsl

Still under development, doesn't cover all possible cases, but
probably covers the important ones.  Output passes RelaxNG validation.

People who've implemented the old version of this protocol please let
me know whether this works for the cases you care about.