Subject: [sidr] new version of adverse actions I-D

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 09:00:02 -0400

This version has two major changes:

     - it includes text that describes the impact of each of the adverse 
actions,
       in the context of each RPKI repository object type. This text was 
added in
       response to a request fro Andrei.

     - the subsections have been re-ordered to be uniform for each 
object type,
       to make it easier to see that every action is described for each 
object type.
       In the course of doing this we discovered that four descriptions were
       missing, which shows how helpful the re-ordering is ;-).

Remember, the intent of this document is to enumerate the classes of 
problems that
can arise in the RPKI due to an error by (or a successful attack 
against) a CA or
repository manager. Concerns about full scale deployment of the RPKI 
have been
raised based on informal discussion of these sorts of issues, but we 
felt that a
more detailed, comprehensive analysis was needed. When the WG considers 
mechanisms
that might address such problems, we ought to compare them against this 
enumeration
(in its final form, based on WG feedback), to evaluate the extent to 
which the
mechanisms address the full range of problems.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kent-sidr-adverse-actions/

WG feedback is solicited.

Thanks,

Steve