Subject: [sidr] Protocol Action: 'Simplified Local internet nUmber Resource Management with the RPKI (SLURM)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-sidr-slurm-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 14:48:37 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Simplified Local internet nUmber Resource Management with the RPKI
   (SLURM)'
  (draft-ietf-sidr-slurm-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-slurm/

Technical Summary

   This document describes mechanisms to provide a simple way to 
   enable Internet Number Resources (INR) holders to establish a local,
   customized view of the RPKI, overriding global RPKI repository data
   as needed.

Working Group Summary

   The process was long, but uneventful.

Document Quality

   There is no protocol here, just a method of implementing a local 
   Trust anchor.  At least two of the available validators are known to 
   include the functionality.

Personnel

  Shepherd: Chris Morrow 
  Responsible AD: Alvaro Retana