Subject: [sidr] RFC 8416 on Simplified Local Internet Number Resource Management with the RPKI (SLURM)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 17:32:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8416

        Title:      Simplified Local Internet Number Resource 
                    Management with the RPKI (SLURM) 
        Author:     D. Ma, 
                    D. Mandelberg,
                    T. Bruijnzeels
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 34613
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidr-slurm-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8416

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8416

The Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) is a global
authorization infrastructure that allows the holder of Internet
Number Resources (INRs) to make verifiable statements about those
resources.  Network operators, e.g., Internet Service Providers
(ISPs), can use the RPKI to validate BGP route origin assertions.
ISPs can also use the RPKI to validate the path of a BGP route.
However, ISPs may want to establish a local view of exceptions to the
RPKI data in the form of local filters and additions.  The mechanisms
described in this document provide a simple way to enable INR holders
to establish a local, customized view of the RPKI, overriding global
RPKI repository data as needed.

This document is a product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC