Subject: [sidr] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC8360 (5638)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 07:33:35 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC8360,
"Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) Validation Reconsidered".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5638

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Alberto Leiva Popper <[email-masked]>

Section: 4.2.4.4

Original Text
-------------
   7.  Compute the VRS-IP and VRS-AS set values as indicated below:

       *  If the IP Address Delegation extension is present in
          certificate x and x=1, set the VRS-IP to the resources found
          in this extension.

       *  If the IP Address Delegation extension (...)

       *  If the IP Address Delegation extension (...)

       *  If the IP Address Delegation extension is present in
          certificate x and x=1, set the VRS-IP to the resources found
          in this extension.

       *  If the AS Identifier Delegation extension (...)

       *  If the AS Identifier Delegation extension (...)

Corrected Text
--------------
   7.  Compute the VRS-IP and VRS-AS set values as indicated below:

       *  If the IP Address Delegation extension is present in
          certificate x and x=1, set the VRS-IP to the resources found
          in this extension.

       *  If the IP Address Delegation extension (...)

       *  If the IP Address Delegation extension (...)

       *  If the AS Identifier Delegation extension is present in
          certificate x and x=1, set the VRS-AS to the resources found
          in this extension.

       *  If the AS Identifier Delegation extension (...)

       *  If the AS Identifier Delegation extension (...)

Notes
-----
There seems to be a copy-paste error.

There are two bullet points explaining the initialization of VRS-IP, and none explaining the initialization of VRS-AS.

All the evidence suggests that the two extensions (IP Address Delegation and AS Identifier Delegation) are meant to be handled similarly, so I believe that the last three bullet points are supposed to perfectly mirror the first three.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC8360 (draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-validation-reconsidered-10)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) Validation Reconsidered
Publication Date    : April 2018
Author(s)           : G. Huston, G. Michaelson, C. Martinez, T. Bruijnzeels, A. Newton, D. Shaw
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Secure Inter-Domain Routing
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Chris Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 16:03:17 +0000

seems legit to me.

At Wed, 13 Feb 2019 07:33:35 -0800 (PST),