Subject: [Sidrops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidrops-rtr-keying-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 22:25:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIDR Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Router Keying for BGPsec
        Authors         : Randy Bush
                          Sean Turner
                          Keyur Patel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidrops-rtr-keying-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2018-09-21

Abstract:
   BGPsec-speaking routers are provisioned with private keys in order to
   sign BGPsec announcements.  The corresponding public keys are
   published in the global Resource Public Key Infrastructure, enabling
   verification of BGPsec messages.  This document describes two methods
   of generating the public-private key-pairs: router-driven and
   operator-driven.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-rtr-keying/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidrops-rtr-keying-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sidrops-rtr-keying-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 01:29:40 -0400

howdy sidrops folks, this is the last draft standing from the former SIDR
WG, it looked more like a SIDROPS draft so we shifted it over and ... in
it's former life it was:
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rtr-keying/ (version 16)

I believe the authors simply requested a name change and submitted that...
Should we WGLC this or discuss it some on-list or? :)

-chris

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 1:25 AM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Sidrops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidrops
>

---

From: Nick Hilliard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 12:01:49 +0100

Christopher Morrow wrote on 25/09/2018 06:29:
> Should we WGLC this or discuss it some on-list or?

Can we add flash cards to the n00b guide?

Nick

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 08:18:05 -0700

> Should we WGLC this or discuss it some on-list or? :)

it only went through 15 revisions in sidr.  surely we need a dozen more :)

---

From: "Brian Weis (bew)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 17:57:59 +0000

It’s mature. How about WGLC and be done with it? Don’t forget that <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidrops-bgpsec-rollover-04> has been approved for publication but is waiting on rtr-keying to publish….

Thanks,
Brian

On Sep 24, 2018, at 10:29 PM, Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

howdy sidrops folks, this is the last draft standing from the former SIDR WG, it looked more like a SIDROPS draft so we shifted it over and ... in it's former life it was:
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rtr-keying/ (version 16)

-chris

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 1:25 AM <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org<http://tools.ietf.org/>.

_______________________________________________
Sidrops mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidrops
_______________________________________________
Sidrops mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidrops

--
Brian Weis
Security, CSG, Cisco Systems
Telephone: +1 408 526 4796
Email: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 14:18:59 -0700

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 10:58 AM Brian Weis (bew) <bew=
[email-masked]> wrote:

> It’s mature. How about WGLC and be done with it? Don’t forget that <
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidrops-bgpsec-rollover-04> has
> been approved for publication but is waiting on rtr-keying to publish….
>

Approved and waiting for 288 days at this point... and it's making me
twitchy...

I just realized that bgpsec-rollover is waiting
on draft-ietf-SIDR-rtr-keying (not draft-ietf-sidrops-rtr-keying) - this
will require some process wonkery to make sure that the RFC Ed know that
this is the new one. I'm mentioning here on the hope that I'll remember /
someone will remind me to tell the RFC Ed that this replaces that... :-)

W

>
> Thanks,
> Brian
>
> On Sep 24, 2018, at 10:29 PM, Christopher Morrow <
> [email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Email: [email-masked]

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in
the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair of
pants.
   ---maf

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 00:10:04 +0200

> On Sep 25, 2018, at 19:57, Brian Weis (bew) <bew=[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> How about WGLC and be done with it? 

I’m obviously for this as well, but I am a little biased as I’m one of the authors.

spt