Subject: [Sidrops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidrops-rpki-tree-validation-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 16:14:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIDR Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : RPKI Certificate Tree Validation by the RIPE NCC RPKI Validator
        Authors         : Oleg Muravskiy
                          Tim Bruijnzeels
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidrops-rpki-tree-validation-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2018-09-16

Abstract:
   This document describes the approach to validate the content of the
   RPKI certificate tree, as it is implemented in the RIPE NCC RPKI
   Validator.  This approach is independent of a particular object
   retrieval mechanism.  This allows it to be used with repositories
   available over the rsync protocol, the RPKI Repository Delta
   Protocol, and repositories that use a mix of both.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-rpki-tree-validation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidrops-rpki-tree-validation-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sidrops-rpki-tree-validation-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sidrops-rpki-tree-validation-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Oleg Muravskiy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 01:24:59 +0200

This version resolves issues discussed during the IESG review.

> On 17 Sep 2018, at 01:14, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Sidrops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidrops
>

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 18:16:36 -0400

... and I just approved it.

Thank you authors and the WG for writing / reviewing this.
I personally think that documents like this are useful to help implementers.

W

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in
the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair of
pants.
   ---maf