Subject: [Sidrops] RFC 8481 on Clarifications to BGP Origin Validation Based on Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 19:06:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8481

        Title:      Clarifications to BGP Origin Validation Based
                    on Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) 
        Author:     R. Bush
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 9629
        Updates:    RFC 6811

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-clarify-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8481

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8481

Deployment of BGP origin validation based on Resource Public Key
Infrastructure (RPKI) is hampered by, among other things, vendor
misimplementations in two critical areas: which routes are validated
and whether policy is applied when not specified by configuration.
This document is meant to clarify possible misunderstandings causing
those misimplementations; it thus updates RFC 6811 by clarifying that
all prefixes should have their validation state set and that policy
must not be applied without operator configuration.

This document is a product of the SIDR Operations Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC