Subject: [Sidrops] draft-ymbk-sidrops-rov-no-rr

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 13:46:14 -0800

the authors recommend

    https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ymbk-sidrops-rov-no-rr-01.txt

for your reading and amusement, and request wg adoption.

randy

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 15:54:34 -0800

fwiw there is discussion among the authors on that last MUST

      If the router has insufficient resources to support this, it
      MUST not be used for Route Origin Validation.

with at least one author thinking it should be a SHOULD.

additionally, we could consider putting one or more of the horror
stories in an appendix or whatever.  but it would not be much fun
if we we polite and anonymized. :)

randy

---

From: Job Snijders <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 11:47:53 +0100

> for your reading and amusement, and request wg adoption.

I support WG adoption.

I too observe how some BGP implementations impose a CONSIDERABLE TOLL on
their EBGP peers, even though they have ample memory to avoid sending
ROUTE REFRESH messages following every change in the RPKI.

Imagine the protocol chatter noise between two EBGP peers if RPs
refreshed as frequently as every single minute ;-)

Kind regards,

Job