Subject: [siesta] SSE/KMP - the westbound interface

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 13:27:52 -0500

We are making progress on a well crafted problem statement.  Such things 
are very important, but need some meat here on the bones...

A number of conversations around the westbound interface.  What are the 
selectors passed to the KMP?  What is returned?  I will take a stab at 
it, and hoepfully I will get so good feedback (observation - some of you 
have done this for other KMP consumers like ESP):

 From SSE to KMP for setup request:

What type of security context:  Unicast or multicast.  And for 
multicast, a single SPI or SPI per transmittor?
What SSE format
What ciphersuite: Crypto-algo{&mode of operation], keysize
Other?

For rekey request:
SPI

Return from KMP:

SPI
KEYMAT (size, key, type)  Where type is unicast or group?

Of course if there is some specific copyable text from an existing API 
document, that would help a lot.