Subject: Sieve 05/06 draft; Sieve website is up

From: Matthew Wall <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 20:17:08 -0500

Tim, et al

just noted in doing a little housekeeping today that the most recent
official version of the Sieve draft (04) in the IETF/internic pages will
expire in seven days.

I'd strongly suggest resubmitting whatever the current version of 05
directly to  the secretariat. Since we agreed that  "06" would reflect all
changes discussed at Orlando (and which would presumably reflect results of
recent discussions), I think it would do more harm to let this expire than
to put up an incomplete draft at this point, since there's no working group
to form an umbrella for related activities.

With this latter point in mind, I've thrown up a quickie web page for sieve
with an email address to submit sample scripts and browse general info:

http://www.cyrusoft.com/sieve

I've taken the liberty of linking in Larry's implementation and putting in
a single sample script into the archive as a seed. It might help the
interoperation goal, as well as provide a reality check, if everybody who
has working scripts they're willing to share them sends them in, and if
you've got any public plans for Sieve, please let me know and I'll list
them. Just helps the bandwagon keep rolling.

This is my typical all-on-a-single-page first draft for a site, but I
figured something was better than nothing. I also managed to track down and
link some minutes that aren't part of the mailing list archives, fwiw.

- Matt