Subject: Multiple actions in Sieve script.

From: Gregory Sereda <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 17:21:44 -0500

Filter list members,

Draft 5 states:

0.2.2. Known Bugs

   The discussion of the limits of actions is not there.  Only one
   forward should be allowed per message.  Keep and reject are mutually
   exclusive.
---------------------
I think we need to define the limits of actions.  For example should
only one "fileinto" action be allowed?  If we allow multiple "fileinto",
which one is effective?  Logically, it would be the last.  From a user
perspective, the first one woould make more sense because higher priority
"rules" appear first.

Are there more mutually exclusive actions, such as "discard" and "forward"?

On another topic, what is the subject for a vacation reply message?
I would guess it is:

	Subject: Re: <original message subject>

Should this be stated in the spec?  Any other headers needed, such
as "In-Reply-To:"?

Greg Sereda

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:03:12 -0500

>    forward should be allowed per message.  Keep and reject are mutually

Another logical expectation is that all are effective. That is, a copy
goes into each of the folders specified.

> Should this be stated in the spec?  Any other headers needed, such

After stripping off any existing Re: and subsequent white space, then
add Re: to the original subject.

	Tony Hansen
	[email-masked]