Subject: Re: yet more changes to Sieve

From: Gregory Sereda <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 09:59:11 -0500

At 03:16 AM 2/24/99 -0500, Tim Showalter wrote:
>(2.4.2.3) Address comparasons are defined to be case-insensitive on the local
>part.  (Gregory Sereda has suggested this, and it seems like a very good
>idea.)

I think that I suggested making the comparason case-insensitive on the
domain part (not local part).  The COMPARATOR argument defines the
comparason for the local part (which defaults to "i:ascii-casemap").
For internet mail addresses, the COMPARATOR type of "i;octet" should
be used if the system supports case-sensitive "localpart", ie mailbox.

This should allow scripts to distinguish between addresses like:

        [email-masked], [email-masked]

while treating the following addresses as the same:

        [email-masked], [email-masked]

Greg Sereda

---

From: Tim Showalter <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Feb 1999 11:43:00 -0500

> Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 09:59:11 -0500
> From: Gregory Sereda <[email-masked]>
> 
> domain part (not local part).

Right, that should have been domain-part.  Hopefully that was the most
serious mistake I made.

-- 
Tim Showalter <[email-masked]>