Subject: vacation limitations

From: Tim Showalter <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Mar 1999 16:36:47 -0500

So at the Sieve BOF meeting, we discussed the text that says, in effect, 
"don't reply to MAILER-DAEMON".  The requirement is that you have some
list of addresses that you never reply to, but that the list isn't
specific so that we can tweak it.

Here is my text as a change to vacation.  Note that [MAILBOXNAMES]
refers to RFC 2142.  Please excuse the nroff formatting.

.xx "4. Limitations on Addresses to be Replied To"

Implementations MUST restrict mail to certain well-known addresses that never
want vacation addresses.

replied to.  This list is expected to contain patterns of addresses that are
never to be replied to, even when the user is on the To or CC lines of the
message.  This list is implementation defined, but MAY include the
following.

.RS
.IP o 2
Common implementation-dependant mailbox names like "MAILER-DAEMON"
.IP o 2
Standard mailbox names as described in [MAILBOXNAMES]
.IP o 2
Mailing list addresses, also described in [MAILBOXNAMES] (i.e., those with
local-parts ending in "-request")
.RE

-- 
Tim Showalter <[email-masked]>