Subject: GUI editors for Sieve scripts

From: Jaroslav Snajdr <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:53:55 +0100

Hello,

is anybody aware of any existing GUI editors for Sieve scripts? I'm just
trying to develop a Web based one and I have serious problems to make it
use all of Sieve's power and yet to remain simple and comprehensible.
So, I'm just seeking for some inspiration...

-jns

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 10:28:11 -0500

> So, I'm just seeking for some inspiration...

The new publically available v2.1a1 release of Mulberry features a GUI 
SIEVE script generator. It allows you to create script 'elements' which you 
can then put together into a script and write out to disk as a file. We'll 
be adding support for upload to the SIEVE script repository via CMU's 
sieved protocol at a later date.

As regards being able to provide the full power of a SIEVE script via a 
GUI, we came to the conclusion that its just not feasible to do complex 
scripts in a GUI that's simple to use. Our approach was to provide an 
option to edit a 'raw' script element instead of use the GUI constructor. 
This seemed like the best trade-off.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo