Subject: Improve your stepfamily life

From: [email-masked]
Date: 21 Dec 00 1:39:38 PM

Does your stepfamily life resemble a soap opera more than it does the Brady
Bunch?

The Stepfamily Association of America invites you to participate in THE
NATIONAL CONFERENCE FOR STEPFAMILIES, Feb. 23-24, 2001, at the New Orleans
Marriott Hotel.

This is an opportunity, designed by knowledgeable professionals, in
stepfamilies themselves, to help you:
* Make your remarriage a success
* Create bonds with your stepchildren
* Help your children adjust emotionally
* Manage money matters unique to your family
* Get more help from legal, financial, psychological advisors
* Overcome stepfather and stepmother stereotypes
* Elicit cooperation from your children's schools
* Bring more harmony into family life

Complete conference details at http://www.edupr.com
REGISTER ONLINE!

Attend, and also enjoy Mardi Gras week in New Orleans!

Special discounts for couples, students, groups.

HOTEL IS BOOKING UP FAST. ACT NOW BEFORE ROOM BLOCK AND
AIRLINE SEATS FILL Special rates for conference attendees. Visit
http://www.edupr.com for discounts. Childcare available through a bonded
local service.

Up to 17 professional development credits available if you are an 			
educator, clinician, financial planner, social worker.

Questions? Email [email-masked]

If you would like to be removed, please email us back with the word "Remove" in the subject line. We apologize for any inconvenience.

From: [email-masked]
DATE: 21 Dec 00 1:39:38 PM
SUBJECT: Improve your stepfamily life
Sender: [email-masked]

Does your stepfamily life resemble a soap opera more than it does the Brady
Bunch?

The Stepfamily Association of America invites you to participate in THE
NATIONAL CONFERENCE FOR STEPFAMILIES, Feb. 23-24, 2001, at the New Orleans
Marriott Hotel.

This is an opportunity, designed by knowledgeable professionals, in
stepfamilies themselves, to help you:
* Make your remarriage a success
* Create bonds with your stepchildren
* Help your children adjust emotionally
* Manage money matters unique to your family
* Get more help from legal, financial, psychological advisors
* Overcome stepfather and stepmother stereotypes
* Elicit cooperation from your children's schools
* Bring more harmony into family life

Complete conference details at http://www.edupr.com
REGISTER ONLINE!

Attend, and also enjoy Mardi Gras week in New Orleans!

Special discounts for couples, students, groups.

HOTEL IS BOOKING UP FAST. ACT NOW BEFORE ROOM BLOCK AND
AIRLINE SEATS FILL Special rates for conference attendees. Visit
http://www.edupr.com for discounts. Childcare available through a bonded
local service.

Up to 17 professional development credits available if you are an 			
educator, clinician, financial planner, social worker.

Questions? Email [email-masked]

If you would like to be removed, please email us back with the word "Remove" in the subject line. We apologize for any inconvenience.

From: [email-masked]
To: <Undisclosed.Recipients>
Subject: Free Satellite System and Free Installation                          4449
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 18:32:41 -0800
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]

<HTML>
<BODY>
FREE SATELLITE T.V. SYSTEM<BR>
<BR>
Watch over 500 channels of Digital Broadcast quality television on your ow=
n FREE satellite television system. These new Digital satellite<BR>
systems use the new 20 inch satellite dish antenna.<BR>
<BR>
For a limited time we'll give you this top of the line Digital Satellite S=
ystem for FREE! We'll even include Free installation and 3 FREE months of =
all the movie channels!<BR>
<BR>
This is the New DishNetwork 3922 digital satellite system. It has interact=
ive T.V capabilities , on screen program guide, 2 dual LNB's, stereo<BR>
CD sound and infrared remote. Normal cost for all these items is over $500=
 but we're giving it away for FREE!<BR>
<BR>
All you have to do is call us to arrange delivery and order the channels y=
ou<BR>
want to receive. Satellite television offers over 500 channels of all<BR>
digital broadcast video quality, movies, sports, specials, network , cable=
s<BR>
channels and more all with CD audio stereo sound. You may even get local<B=
R>
channels now. Don't miss this offer, it's only available while supplies la=
st.<BR>
<BR>
For your Free Satellite System call 888-607-9617 24 hours a day.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Authorized DishNetwork dealer<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
                              <BR>
 <BR>
 <BR>
 <BR>
<BR>
</FONT></FONT><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p>

<p><FONT face=3D"MS Sans Serif"><p><FONT size=3D2>   <BR><p><p>
</BODY>
</HTML>

From: [email-masked]
To: <Undisclosed.Recipients>
Subject: Free Satellite System and Free Installation                          26697
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 23:50:24 -0800
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]

<HTML>
<BODY>
<BR>
Watch over 500 channels of Digital Broadcast quality television on your ow=
n FREE satellite television system. These new Digital satellite<BR>
systems use the new 20 inch satellite dish antenna.<BR>
<BR>
For a limited time we'll give you this top of the line Digital Satellite S=
ystem for FREE! We'll even include Free installation and 3 FREE months of =
all the movie channels!<BR>
<BR>
This is the New DishNetwork 3922 digital satellite system. It has interact=
ive T.V capabilities , on screen program guide, 2 dual LNB's, stereo<BR>
CD sound and infrared remote. Normal cost for all these items is over $500=
 but we're giving it away for FREE!<BR>
<BR>
All you have to do is call us to arrange delivery and order the channels y=
ou<BR>
want to receive. Satellite television offers over 500 channels of all<BR>
digital broadcast video quality, movies, sports, specials, network , cable=
s<BR>
channels and more all with CD audio stereo sound. You may even get local<B=
R>
channels now. Don't miss this offer, it's only available while supplies la=
st.<BR>
<BR>
For your Free Satellite System call 888-607-9617 24 hours a day.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Authorized DishNetwork dealer<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
                              <BR>
 <BR>
 <BR>
 <BR>
<BR>
</FONT></FONT><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p>

<p><FONT face=3D"MS Sans Serif"><p><FONT size=3D2>   <BR><p>FREE SATELLITE=
 T.V. SYSTEM<BR><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p>
</BODY>
</HTML>

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 13:35:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: multiline quoted strings
To: Tim Showalter <[email-masked]>
Cc: Nigel Swinson <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]

> "Nigel Swinson" <[email-masked]> writes:

> > I finally found my answer in the grammer section but given that we
> > have called the strings "quoted strings" and "multiline strings" I
> > think it should be made more explicit in section 2.4.2 that a "quoted
> > string" may be multiline.

> I'll see what I can do.  The document is past last call, but this is a
> minor editorial change.

I see no problem with doing this during the final 48 hour review prior to RFC
publication. So if you make the change as author at that point as AD I'll
approve it.

				Ned

To: "Nigel Swinson" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: multiline quoted strings
From: Tim Showalter <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Dec 2000 12:56:43 -0800
Lines: 11
Sender: [email-masked]

"Nigel Swinson" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I finally found my answer in the grammer section but given that we
> have called the strings "quoted strings" and "multiline strings" I
> think it should be made more explicit in section 2.4.2 that a "quoted
> string" may be multiline.

I'll see what I can do.  The document is past last call, but this is a
minor editorial change.

Tim

From: "Nigel Swinson" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: multiline quoted strings
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:05:34 -0000
Sender: [email-masked]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_07F2_01C06B67.D9880EF0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I finally found my answer in the grammer section but given that we have =
called the strings "quoted strings" and "multiline strings" I think it =
should be made more explicit in section 2.4.2 that a "quoted string" may =
be multiline.

?

------=_NextPart_000_07F2_01C06B67.D9880EF0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2920.0" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I finally found my answer in the =
grammer section=20
but given that we have called the strings "quoted strings" and =
"multiline=20
strings" I think it should be made more explicit in section 2.4.2 that a =
"quoted=20
string" may be multiline.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>?</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_07F2_01C06B67.D9880EF0--

From: "Nigel Swinson" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: multiline quoted strings
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 15:38:55 -0000
Sender: [email-masked]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_07E4_01C06B64.20605660
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

  2.4.2. Strings
  <snip>

  Non-printing characters such as tabs, CR and LF, and control =
characters are permitted in strings. NUL ASCII 0) is not allowed in =
strings.

Does this mean that you are allowed to have quoted strings that span =
more than one line (ie contain CRLF)?  I think that the spec says that =
you can, but it almost hints that you can't.  (If you see what I mean... =
)

While I'm here and on ths subject in the same section it says:
  Note that a hashed comment or whitespace may occur in between the =
"text:" and the CRLF, but not within the string itself. Bracketed =
comments are not allowed here.
Does this mean that you can't have a /**/ after "text:" and before the =
CRLF?  It would seem a little strange to allow only one commenting style =
here.  I know that allowing only #ed comments makes it much easier to =
parse, but then is it not just confusing to allow one commenting style =
and not the other here?  Why not just allow both or neither? =20

Cheers

Nigel

------=_NextPart_000_07E4_01C06B64.20605660
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2920.0" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
  <H4><A name=3D2.4.2.>2.4.2.</A> Strings</H4>
  <DIV>
  <P>&lt;snip&gt;</P>
  <P>Non-printing characters such as tabs, CR and LF, and control =
characters are=20
  permitted in strings. NUL ASCII 0) is not allowed in=20
  strings.</P></DIV></FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Does this mean that you are allowed to =
have quoted=20
strings that span more than one line (ie contain CRLF)?&nbsp; I think =
that the=20
spec says that you can, but it almost hints that you can't.&nbsp; (If =
you see=20
what I mean... )</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>While I'm here and on ths subject in =
the same=20
section it says:</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Note that a hashed comment or =
whitespace may=20
  occur in between the "text:" and the CRLF, but not within the string =
itself.=20
  Bracketed comments are not allowed here.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Does this mean that you can't have a =
/**/ after=20
"text:" and before the CRLF?&nbsp; It would seem a little strange to =
allow only=20
one commenting style here.&nbsp; I know that allowing only #ed comments =
makes it=20
much easier to parse, but then is it not just confusing to allow one =
commenting=20
style and not the other here?&nbsp; Why not just allow both or =
neither?&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Cheers</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Nigel</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_07E4_01C06B64.20605660--

Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 10:28:11 -0500
From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
To: Jaroslav Snajdr <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Subject: Re: GUI editors for Sieve scripts
Sender: [email-masked]

--On Monday, December 18, 2000 11:53 AM +0100 Jaroslav Snajdr 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is anybody aware of any existing GUI editors for Sieve scripts? I'm just
> trying to develop a Web based one and I have serious problems to make it
> use all of Sieve's power and yet to remain simple and comprehensible.
> So, I'm just seeking for some inspiration...
>
> -jns
>

The new publically available v2.1a1 release of Mulberry features a GUI 
SIEVE script generator. It allows you to create script 'elements' which you 
can then put together into a script and write out to disk as a file. We'll 
be adding support for upload to the SIEVE script repository via CMU's 
sieved protocol at a later date.

As regards being able to provide the full power of a SIEVE script via a 
GUI, we came to the conclusion that its just not feasible to do complex 
scripts in a GUI that's simple to use. Our approach was to provide an 
option to edit a 'raw' script element instead of use the GUI constructor. 
This seemed like the best trade-off.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

From: Edward Hibbert <[email-masked]>
To: "'Jaroslav Snajdr'" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Subject: RE: GUI editors for Sieve scripts
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:40:36 -0000
Sender: [email-masked]

You might like to look at Microsoft Exchange's Inbox Assistant (a.k.a.
Outlook's Rules Wizard) for an approach to similar function to SIEVE.  

Regards,

Edward Hibbert
Internet Applications Group
Data Connection Ltd
Tel:	+44 131 662 1212		Fax:	+44 131 662 1345
Email:	[email-masked]	Web:	http://www.dataconnection.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jaroslav Snajdr [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2000 10:54 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: GUI editors for Sieve scripts

Hello,

is anybody aware of any existing GUI editors for Sieve scripts? I'm just
trying to develop a Web based one and I have serious problems to make it
use all of Sieve's power and yet to remain simple and comprehensible.
So, I'm just seeking for some inspiration...

-jns

Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:53:55 +0100
From: Jaroslav Snajdr <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: GUI editors for Sieve scripts
Sender: [email-masked]

Hello,

is anybody aware of any existing GUI editors for Sieve scripts? I'm just
trying to develop a Web based one and I have serious problems to make it
use all of Sieve's power and yet to remain simple and comprehensible.
So, I'm just seeking for some inspiration...

-jns

From: [email-masked]
To: <Undisclosed.Recipients>
Subject: Dont miss this $700 Give away!!                         15070
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 05:43:48 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]

Subject: Don't miss this $700 Give Away!!

Looking for that special gift for the person who has everything?

The answer is.... Free Satellite TV System, Free Installation and Free 
Vacation!

Imagine surfing thru 500 channels of News, Weather, Sports, Learning, 
Family, Movies, and Pay Per View Channels.

AMERICA'S TOP 100 Programming package Includes for just $34.99:

Sports - ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Classic, ESPN News, Empire, Outdoor Life Network,
Sunshine, Madison Square Garden, Speed Vision, Home Team Sports, TV Games

Fox Sports Channels - Arizona, Bay Area, Chicago, Cincinnati, Detroit, 
Midwest, Florida,
New England, New York, Ohio, Pittsburgh, Rocky Mountain, North West, West, 
South,
South West, Midwest Sports, Altenative1, Altenative3

News - CNN, CNN Headline News, All-News Network, Bloomberg, NASA, C-Span,
C-Span 2, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN FN, CNN International, Court TV

Family/Kids - The Cartoon Network, The Disney Channel, The Disney Toon 
Channel,
Nickelodeon, Noggin, Pax, PBS You, Angel One, TV Land, Good Samaritan 
Network,
The Fox Family Channel, Trinity Broadcast Network, External Word Television 
Network

Learning - Discovery Channel, Discovery Health Channel, The Learning 
Channel,
History Channel, Food Network, Travel, E!, Animal Planet, America's Voice, 
HGTV,
Free Speech, Link Media, Tech TV, DELLL, Research

Variety - A&E, BET, ZDTV, Home Shopping, WGN, QVC, TNN, Weather Channel, 
TNT, USA,
Bravo, Comedy Central, Game Show, FX, Sci-Fi Channel, TV Land, AMC, TCM, 
LMN, Lifetime,
Romance Classics/Independant Film Channel, BBC, ValueVision

Foreign - Univision, Galavision, HITN

Music - MTV, VH1, MTV 2, Country Music Television
AND Over 30 Music Channels!

Supplies are going FAST!!! So place your order NOW!

A FREE 3 Day 2 Night Vacation for 2 for the first 1,000 NEW subscribers!

Choose from 20 destinations:

Las Vegas, NV -- Laughlin, NV -- Reno, NV -- Lake Tahoe, NV -- Atlantic 
City, NJ
Honolulu, HI -- Daytona Beach, FL -- Orlando, FL -- Myrtle Beach, SC
Anaheim, CA - (Disneyland Area) -- Palm Springs, CA -- New Orleans, LA
Gatlinburg, TN -- San Antonio, TX -- White Mountain, NH -- Pocono Mountains, 
PA
Branson, MO -- Puerto Vallarta, MX -- Cancun, MX -- Mazatlan, MX

Don't hesitate or you may miss out on this incredible OFFER!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To receive your FREE Satellite System & FREE 3 Day 2 Night Vacation for 2!
Call 1-877-397-6731 and Mention Code: 122
Live Operators are standing by to take your order 24/7!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To UNSUBSCRIBE, Click Here <[email-masked]>

From: [email-masked]
To: <Undisclosed.Recipients>
Subject: Dont miss this $700 Give away!!                         15070
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 05:42:03 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]

Subject: Don't miss this $700 Give Away!!

Looking for that special gift for the person who has everything?

The answer is.... Free Satellite TV System, Free Installation and Free 
Vacation!

Imagine surfing thru 500 channels of News, Weather, Sports, Learning, 
Family, Movies, and Pay Per View Channels.

AMERICA'S TOP 100 Programming package Includes for just $34.99:

Sports - ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Classic, ESPN News, Empire, Outdoor Life Network,
Sunshine, Madison Square Garden, Speed Vision, Home Team Sports, TV Games

Fox Sports Channels - Arizona, Bay Area, Chicago, Cincinnati, Detroit, 
Midwest, Florida,
New England, New York, Ohio, Pittsburgh, Rocky Mountain, North West, West, 
South,
South West, Midwest Sports, Altenative1, Altenative3

News - CNN, CNN Headline News, All-News Network, Bloomberg, NASA, C-Span,
C-Span 2, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN FN, CNN International, Court TV

Family/Kids - The Cartoon Network, The Disney Channel, The Disney Toon 
Channel,
Nickelodeon, Noggin, Pax, PBS You, Angel One, TV Land, Good Samaritan 
Network,
The Fox Family Channel, Trinity Broadcast Network, External Word Television 
Network

Learning - Discovery Channel, Discovery Health Channel, The Learning 
Channel,
History Channel, Food Network, Travel, E!, Animal Planet, America's Voice, 
HGTV,
Free Speech, Link Media, Tech TV, DELLL, Research

Variety - A&E, BET, ZDTV, Home Shopping, WGN, QVC, TNN, Weather Channel, 
TNT, USA,
Bravo, Comedy Central, Game Show, FX, Sci-Fi Channel, TV Land, AMC, TCM, 
LMN, Lifetime,
Romance Classics/Independant Film Channel, BBC, ValueVision

Foreign - Univision, Galavision, HITN

Music - MTV, VH1, MTV 2, Country Music Television
AND Over 30 Music Channels!

Supplies are going FAST!!! So place your order NOW!

A FREE 3 Day 2 Night Vacation for 2 for the first 1,000 NEW subscribers!

Choose from 20 destinations:

Las Vegas, NV -- Laughlin, NV -- Reno, NV -- Lake Tahoe, NV -- Atlantic 
City, NJ
Honolulu, HI -- Daytona Beach, FL -- Orlando, FL -- Myrtle Beach, SC
Anaheim, CA - (Disneyland Area) -- Palm Springs, CA -- New Orleans, LA
Gatlinburg, TN -- San Antonio, TX -- White Mountain, NH -- Pocono Mountains, 
PA
Branson, MO -- Puerto Vallarta, MX -- Cancun, MX -- Mazatlan, MX

Don't hesitate or you may miss out on this incredible OFFER!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To receive your FREE Satellite System & FREE 3 Day 2 Night Vacation for 2!
Call 1-877-397-6731 and Mention Code: 122
Live Operators are standing by to take your order 24/7!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To UNSUBSCRIBE, Click Here <[email-masked]>

From: [email-masked]
To: <Undisclosed.Recipients>
Subject: Dont miss this $700 Give away!!                         15070
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 05:43:24 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]

Subject: Don't miss this $700 Give Away!!

Looking for that special gift for the person who has everything?

The answer is.... Free Satellite TV System, Free Installation and Free 
Vacation!

Imagine surfing thru 500 channels of News, Weather, Sports, Learning, 
Family, Movies, and Pay Per View Channels.

AMERICA'S TOP 100 Programming package Includes for just $34.99:

Sports - ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Classic, ESPN News, Empire, Outdoor Life Network,
Sunshine, Madison Square Garden, Speed Vision, Home Team Sports, TV Games

Fox Sports Channels - Arizona, Bay Area, Chicago, Cincinnati, Detroit, 
Midwest, Florida,
New England, New York, Ohio, Pittsburgh, Rocky Mountain, North West, West, 
South,
South West, Midwest Sports, Altenative1, Altenative3

News - CNN, CNN Headline News, All-News Network, Bloomberg, NASA, C-Span,
C-Span 2, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN FN, CNN International, Court TV

Family/Kids - The Cartoon Network, The Disney Channel, The Disney Toon 
Channel,
Nickelodeon, Noggin, Pax, PBS You, Angel One, TV Land, Good Samaritan 
Network,
The Fox Family Channel, Trinity Broadcast Network, External Word Television 
Network

Learning - Discovery Channel, Discovery Health Channel, The Learning 
Channel,
History Channel, Food Network, Travel, E!, Animal Planet, America's Voice, 
HGTV,
Free Speech, Link Media, Tech TV, DELLL, Research

Variety - A&E, BET, ZDTV, Home Shopping, WGN, QVC, TNN, Weather Channel, 
TNT, USA,
Bravo, Comedy Central, Game Show, FX, Sci-Fi Channel, TV Land, AMC, TCM, 
LMN, Lifetime,
Romance Classics/Independant Film Channel, BBC, ValueVision

Foreign - Univision, Galavision, HITN

Music - MTV, VH1, MTV 2, Country Music Television
AND Over 30 Music Channels!

Supplies are going FAST!!! So place your order NOW!

A FREE 3 Day 2 Night Vacation for 2 for the first 1,000 NEW subscribers!

Choose from 20 destinations:

Las Vegas, NV -- Laughlin, NV -- Reno, NV -- Lake Tahoe, NV -- Atlantic 
City, NJ
Honolulu, HI -- Daytona Beach, FL -- Orlando, FL -- Myrtle Beach, SC
Anaheim, CA - (Disneyland Area) -- Palm Springs, CA -- New Orleans, LA
Gatlinburg, TN -- San Antonio, TX -- White Mountain, NH -- Pocono Mountains, 
PA
Branson, MO -- Puerto Vallarta, MX -- Cancun, MX -- Mazatlan, MX

Don't hesitate or you may miss out on this incredible OFFER!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To receive your FREE Satellite System & FREE 3 Day 2 Night Vacation for 2!
Call 1-877-397-6731 and Mention Code: 122
Live Operators are standing by to take your order 24/7!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To UNSUBSCRIBE, Click Here <[email-masked]>

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Don't miss this $700 Give Away                         1631
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 01:17:04 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]

The answer is.... Free Satellite TV System, Free Installation and Free 
Vacation!

Imagine surfing thru 500 channels of News, Weather, Sports, Learning, 
Family, Movies, and Pay Per View Channels.

AMERICA'S TOP 100 Programming package Includes for just $34.99:

Sports - ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Classic, ESPN News, Empire, Outdoor Life Network,
Sunshine, Madison Square Garden, Speed Vision, Home Team Sports, TV Games

Fox Sports Channels - Arizona, Bay Area, Chicago, Cincinnati, Detroit, 
Midwest, Florida,
New England, New York, Ohio, Pittsburgh, Rocky Mountain, North West, West, 
South,
South West, Midwest Sports, Altenative1, Altenative3

News - CNN, CNN Headline News, All-News Network, Bloomberg, NASA, C-Span,
C-Span 2, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN FN, CNN International, Court TV

Family/Kids - The Cartoon Network, The Disney Channel, The Disney Toon 
Channel,
Nickelodeon, Noggin, Pax, PBS You, Angel One, TV Land, Good Samaritan 
Network,
The Fox Family Channel, Trinity Broadcast Network, External Word Television 
Network

Learning - Discovery Channel, Discovery Health Channel, The Learning 
Channel,
History Channel, Food Network, Travel, E!, Animal Planet, America's Voice, 
HGTV,
Free Speech, Link Media, Tech TV, DELLL, Research

Variety - A&E, BET, ZDTV, Home Shopping, WGN, QVC, TNN, Weather Channel, 
TNT, USA,
Bravo, Comedy Central, Game Show, FX, Sci-Fi Channel, TV Land, AMC, TCM, 
LMN, Lifetime,
Romance Classics/Independant Film Channel, BBC, ValueVision

Foreign - Univision, Galavision, HITN

Music - MTV, VH1, MTV 2, Country Music Television
AND Over 30 Music Channels!

Supplies are going FAST!!! So place your order NOW!

A FREE 3 Day 2 Night Vacation for 2 for the first 1,000 NEW subscribers!

Choose from 20 destinations:

Las Vegas, NV -- Laughlin, NV -- Reno, NV -- Lake Tahoe, NV -- Atlantic 
City, NJ
Honolulu, HI -- Daytona Beach, FL -- Orlando, FL -- Myrtle Beach, SC
Anaheim, CA - (Disneyland Area) -- Palm Springs, CA -- New Orleans, LA
Gatlinburg, TN -- San Antonio, TX -- White Mountain, NH -- Pocono Mountains, 
PA
Branson, MO -- Puerto Vallarta, MX -- Cancun, MX -- Mazatlan, MX

Don't hesitate or you may miss out on this incredible OFFER!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To receive your FREE Satellite System & FREE 3 Day 2 Night Vacation for 2!
Call 1-877-397-6731 and Mention Code: 122
Live Operators are standing by to take your order 24/7!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To UNSUBSCRIBE, Click Here <[email-masked]>

Subject: Don't miss this $700 Give Away!!

Looking for that special gift for the person who has everything?

From: "Nigel Swinson" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Questions about the Require Command.
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:47:56 -0000
Sender: [email-masked]

So in essense we want to force wherever we can that the require list is up-to-date so that we can use just-in-time parsing.  The way we force all scripts to keep their require commands up-to-date is by using the require command as an "enable extension" mechanism, so if the user wants to use an extension they have to "require" it.

Those scripts that do not properly declare their extensions with the require command will possibly pass a just-in-time parse, but we should make every effort we can to ensure that this does not happen by warning the users in the gui or at run time.

Ok I think I get it now.

Thanks for your time.

Nigel

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 08:16:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Questions about the Require Command.
To: Nigel Swinson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]

> > I have to say I see nothing unclear here. If you don't have a require clause
> > for a particular extension it isn't legal to use it. Requiring an unrelated
> > extension doesn't change this.

> Well I seem to have interpreted it correctly, so from that point of view I
> guess it is clear, but I just don't understand why we want to operate this way.

Well, I wasn't a strong proponent of this scheme, so I'm probably not the one
to explain it. Nevertheless, it is my understanding that there was a strong
desire to be able to determine authoritatively the extensions a given script
uses based on a cursory examination of the initial part of the script.

One of the reasons why this is useful is because in general it may not be
possible to determine exactly what extensions a given script uses. For one
thing, the names of the commands or paramters or whatever involved in an
extension may not correlate with the extension name.  And in fact it is
possible that dependence on an extension isn't even derivable from an
inspection of the script content.

> It certainly makes things more complicated in our Sieve engines as we need to
> have a list of available extensions that is added to by means of the require
> command.  Then whenever we find an extension we have to check its presence in
> our list.

Well, once there's a consensus that such a list should be part of all scripts,
it is obvious that the only way to insure the presence of such a list in every
script is to make things fail when it isn't present. We have way too much
experience with optional declarative mechanisms to believe otherwise. And a
declarative scheme like this that is used only occasionally is worthless.

> Do we want the require command to "enable" extensions because a script should
> really be thought of as a whole, and if we can't do part of it then we
> shouldn't do any of it?  If this is the case then surely a just-in-time parser
> is a really bad idea, as it will pass some scripts that a
> full-parse-then-execute implementation will fail.

You're looking at it backwards. The use of require makes it possible to use
just-in-time schemes. Without it things get messy -- you have scripts that
succeed sometimes and fail other times, and that violates the least
astonishment principle big time.

> Do we want the require command to "enable" extensions because future
> extensions may have much further reaching structural consequences so if we
> don't understand the extension the can't guarantee that we can use any of the
> script correctly?  Again this is yet another reason why just-in-time parser are
> really going to be a rubbish solution.

Again, you're looking at it backwards.

> But then a just-in-time parser solution is a great idea, dramatically saving
> on execution time on a busy server.

Sure.

> Is it because we want to force scripts to have upto date require lists?

We want this too.

> I don't see how we can say that the require command "enables" the use of the
> extension for the current script, and that therefore the use on an extension
> without corresponding require command is an error, but then also say that it's
> alright to have a just-in-time implementation.  On a related point about
> section 2.10.6 I'd say that implementations SHOULD "go so far as to ensure that
> execution is atomic (either all actions are executed or none are executed).",
> not "might even".

Given that in many implementations some actions may be deferred or even
passed off to an entirely different agent to implement, I don't think this
is practical.

					Ned

From: "Nigel Swinson" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Questions about the Require Command.
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 14:11:58 -0000
Sender: [email-masked]

> > i.e. take the following script.
> >   require "regex"
> 
> >   if (header :regex "Cc"
> >       "Some regular expression or other") {
> >       fileinto "FolderName";
> >   }
> 
> > If we support both fileinto and regex are we meant to produce an error here? 

<snip>

> > Could someone clear this up for me?  I'd suggest a re-wording of the section
> > to make the intention clearer/more spelt out.
> 
> I have to say I see nothing unclear here. If you don't have a require clause
> for a particular extension it isn't legal to use it. Requiring an unrelated
> extension doesn't change this.

Well I seem to have interpreted it correctly, so from that point of view I guess it is clear, but I just don't understand why we want to operate this way.  

Why should it only be legal to use an extension if it was previously declared with a require command?  What does this gain us?  I agree that it is naughty to use a command without "require"-ing it beforehand.  GUIs/users should make every effort to make sure this list is upto date.  But it seems a bit harsh to fail a script when it uses an extension that we know about, where it wasn't "require"d at the top of the script.

It certainly makes things more complicated in our Sieve engines as we need to have a list of available extensions that is added to by means of the require command.  Then whenever we find an extension we have to check its presence in our list.

Do we want the require command to "enable" extensions because a script should really be thought of as a whole, and if we can't do part of it then we shouldn't do any of it?  If this is the case then surely a just-in-time parser is a really bad idea, as it will pass some scripts that a full-parse-then-execute implementation will fail.

Do we want the require command to "enable" extensions because future extensions may have much further reaching structural consequences so if we don't understand the extension the can't guarantee that we can use any of the script correctly?  Again this is yet another reason why just-in-time parser are really going to be a rubbish solution.

But then a just-in-time parser solution is a great idea, dramatically saving on execution time on a busy server.

Is it because we want to force scripts to have upto date require lists?

I don't see how we can say that the require command "enables" the use of the extension for the current script, and that therefore the use on an extension without corresponding require command is an error, but then also say that it's alright to have a just-in-time implementation.  On a related point about section 2.10.6 I'd say that implementations SHOULD "go so far as to ensure that execution is atomic (either all actions are executed or none are executed).", not "might even".

I probably just need to hear the arguments.  If someone could explain then that would be great.  Something more than just an "IMO" please.

Cheers.

Nigel

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:15:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Questions about the Require Command.
To: Nigel Swinson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]

> 2 Questions.

> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>   2.10.5 Extensions and Optional Features

>   <snip>

>   If an extension is not enabled with "require", implementations MUST
>   treat it as if they did not support it at all.

> By this do we mean that if a script uses a fileinto action, but didn't
> declare it with require, then we should produce an "unsupported extension"
> error when we reach the fileinto token even if we support fileinto?

The important thing is that an error is produced. I don't think
it is critical that the specific error be "unsupported extension". After
all, we don't even have a precise error return model in this work.

> i.e. take the following script.
>   require "regex"

>   if (header :regex "Cc"
>       "Some regular expression or other") {
>       fileinto "FolderName";
>   }

> If we support both fileinto and regex are we meant to produce an error here? 

I believe you should produce an error in this case.

> I could see how you could interpret section 2.10.5 this way but surely if we
> are being conservative with what we produce, and liberal with what we receive
> we should accept this script and accept the fileinto command?

IMO this isn't a good place to apply this principle.

> Could someone clear this up for me?  I'd suggest a re-wording of the section
> to make the intention clearer/more spelt out.

I have to say I see nothing unclear here. If you don't have a require clause
for a particular extension it isn't legal to use it. Requiring an unrelated
extension doesn't change this.

>   3.2 Control Structure Require

>   <snip>
>   The require command, if present, MUST be used before anything other
>   than a require can be used. An error occurs if a require appears
>   after a command other than require.

> Could we improve the wording here too?  It took me quite a while to get my
> head round what you were getting at (even though I could have guessed).  I am
> assuming that this means that you may only have comments, whitespace and
> require commands before a require command.  It could read:

>   Require commands, if present, MUST occur before all other types of command
> in the script.  An error occurs if a require appears after a command other than
> require.

I have no problem with this.

> So therefore this would be ok:

>   /* This is the main require extension command that declares the extensions that we are about to use */
>   require ["regex","fileinto"]

>   # This is an auxilliary require command added by a user.
>   require "x_some_other_extentsion"

>   if (header :regex "Cc"
>       "Some regular expression or other") {
>       fileinto "FolderName";
>   }
> but not
>   require "regex"
>   if (header :regex "Cc"
>       "Some regular expression or other") {
>       keep;
>       stop;
>   }

>   require "fileinto"

Yes, exactly.

				Ned

From: "Nigel Swinson" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Questions about the Require Command.
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:58:22 -0000
Sender: [email-masked]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_025A_01C06454.5A60D5E0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

2 Questions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------

  2.10.5 Extensions and Optional Features

  <snip>

  If an extension is not enabled with "require", implementations MUST
  treat it as if they did not support it at all.
By this do we mean that if a script uses a fileinto action, but didn't =
declare it with require, then we should produce an "unsupported =
extension" error when we reach the fileinto token even if we support =
fileinto?

i.e. take the following script.
  require "regex"

  if (header :regex "Cc"=20
      "Some regular expression or other") {
      fileinto "FolderName";
  }
If we support both fileinto and regex are we meant to produce an error =
here?  I could see how you could interpret section 2.10.5 this way but =
surely if we are being conservative with what we produce, and liberal =
with what we receive we should accept this script and accept the =
fileinto command?

Could someone clear this up for me?  I'd suggest a re-wording of the =
section to make the intention clearer/more spelt out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------

  3.2 Control Structure Require

  <snip>
  The require command, if present, MUST be used before anything other
  than a require can be used. An error occurs if a require appears
  after a command other than require.

Could we improve the wording here too?  It took me quite a while to get =
my head round what you were getting at (even though I could have =
guessed).  I am assuming that this means that you may only have =
comments, whitespace and require commands before a require command.  It =
could read:

  Require commands, if present, MUST occur before all other types of =
command in the script.  An error occurs if a require appears after a =
command other than require.

So therefore this would be ok:

  /* This is the main require extension command that declares the =
extensions that we are about to use */
  require ["regex","fileinto"]

  # This is an auxilliary require command added by a user.
  require "x_some_other_extentsion"

  if (header :regex "Cc"=20
      "Some regular expression or other") {
      fileinto "FolderName";
  }
but not
  require "regex"
  if (header :regex "Cc"=20
      "Some regular expression or other") {
      keep;
      stop;
  }

  require "fileinto"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------

Could I also just say that THE ONLY avenue though which this mail =
account is getting any junk mail at all, is through being on this =
mailing list.  Kinda ironic isn't it?

Cheers,

Nigel

------=_NextPart_000_025A_01C06454.5A60D5E0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2920.0" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>2 Questions.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<HR>
</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>2.10.5 Extensions and Optional=20
  Features</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&lt;snip&gt;</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If an extension is not enabled with =
"require",=20
  implementations MUST<BR>treat it as if they did not support it at=20
  all.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>By this do we mean that if a script =
uses a fileinto=20
action, but didn't declare it with require, then we should produce an=20
"unsupported extension" error when we reach the fileinto token even if =
we=20
support fileinto?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>i.e. take the following =
script.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV><FONT face=3DCourier size=3D2>require "regex"</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DCourier size=3D2>if (header :regex "Cc" =
</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DCourier size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Some regular =
expression or=20
  other") {</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DCourier size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; fileinto=20
  "FolderName";</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DCourier size=3D2>}</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If we support both fileinto and regex =
are we meant=20
to produce an error here?&nbsp; I could see how you could interpret =
section=20
2.10.5 this way but surely if we are being conservative with what we =
produce,=20
and liberal with what we receive we should accept this script and accept =
the=20
fileinto command?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Could someone clear this up for =
me?&nbsp; I'd=20
suggest a re-wording of the section to make the intention clearer/more =
spelt=20
out.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<HR>
</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>3.2 Control Structure =
Require</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&lt;snip&gt;</FONT></DIV><FONT =
face=3DArial>
  <P><FONT size=3D2>The require command, if present, MUST be used before =
anything=20
  other<BR>than a require can be used. An error occurs if a require=20
  appears<BR>after a command other than require.</FONT></P></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P><FONT size=3D2>Could we improve the wording here too?&nbsp; It took =
me quite a=20
while to get my head round what you were getting at (even though I could =
have=20
guessed).&nbsp; I am assuming that this means that you may only have =
comments,=20
whitespace and require commands before a require command.&nbsp;&nbsp;It =
could=20
read:</FONT></P>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <P><FONT size=3D2>Require commands, if present, MUST&nbsp;occur before =
all other=20
  types of command in the script.&nbsp; An error occurs if a require =
appears=20
  after a command other than require.</FONT></P></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P><FONT size=3D2>So therefore this would be ok:</FONT></P><FONT =
face=3DCourier>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>/* This is the main require extension command that =
declares=20
  the extensions that we are about to use */</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>require ["regex","fileinto"]</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2># This is an auxilliary require command added by a =

  user.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>require "x_some_other_extentsion"</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>if (header :regex "Cc" </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Some regular expression or =
other")=20
  {</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; fileinto =
"FolderName";</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>}</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>but not</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"><FONT face=3DCourier>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DCourier size=3D2>require =
"regex"</FONT></DIV></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"><FONT face=3DCourier><FONT =
size=3D2>
  <DIV>if (header :regex "Cc" </FONT></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DCourier size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Some regular =
expression or=20
  other") {</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DCourier =
size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;keep;</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; stop;</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DCourier size=3D2>}</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DCourier size=3D2>require=20
"fileinto"</FONT></DIV></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT size=3D2>
<DIV>
<HR>
</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<P><FONT size=3D2>Could I also just say that THE ONLY avenue though =
which this=20
mail account is getting any junk mail at all, is through being on this =
mailing=20
list.&nbsp; Kinda ironic isn't it?</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2>Cheers,</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2>Nigel</FONT></P></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_025A_01C06454.5A60D5E0--

From: [email-masked]
DATE: 05 Dec 00 4:37:56 PM
SUBJECT: 1+1=2
Sender: [email-masked]

The Internet's Finest and Most Reliable Bulk Email Provider!

Since 1996, Tech Data Technologies has provided bulk email service to thousands of well-satisfied customers. We offer the most competitive prices in the industry, made possible by our high percentage of repeat business. We have the most advanced, direct email technology, employed by only a knowledgeable few in the world. Our expert programmers have made it possible for us to penetrate any email blocking filter in use.

We have over 120 million active email addresses, increasing our list at the rate of half a million to one million a month. We will put your product or service instantly and directly into the hands of millions of prospects! You will have instant, guaranteed results, something no other form of marketing can claim. Our turn around time is a remarkable 24 hours.

Our email addresses are sorted by country, state and target. Your marketing campaign will speed with pinpoint accuracy to your desired audience!

Your message can be presented in any language you wish, as plain text if you desire simplicity, or in html with color and graphics.

Call us for a free consultation at (323)- 851- 8386  [U.S.A.]. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No one understands the global market like we do. 

For a limited time, take advantage of our holiday special -- two million general U.S. emails for just $450 per million! We include, at no cost, a bullet proof email address for 30 days, a $400 value!

BULK EMAIL PRICES

   500,000........................$375
   750,000........................$562
1,200,000........................$720
1,600,000..................    ...$960
3,000,000......................$1,500
3,000,000+ ...................PLEASE CALL FOR A QUOTE

Resellers welcome. We accept Visa, MasterCard and check by FAX.

DON'T WAIT! LET TECH DATA TECHNOLOGIES BE YOUR PARTNER!!

Under Bill s.1618 TITLE III passed by the 105th U.S. Congress this letter is not considered "spam" as long as we include: 1) contact information and, 2) the way to be removed from future mailings (see below).To Remove Yourself From This List: reply to this email with the email
address that you would like removed and the word REMOVE in the subject heading.