Subject: Re: WGLC on draft-freed-sieve-notary-01.txt

From: Alexandros Vellis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 16:04:07 +0300

* Typo: Chapter 7, second capability name should be dsn-redirect. :)

* Idea: Would it make sense to name these capabilities 'envelope-dsn'
and 'redirect-dsn'? Because in a way they extend these existing
capabilities, and also because in the future we could have names like
'envelope-auth' "align" with them.

-- 
Alexandros Vellis
National & Kapodistrian University of Athens
Network Operations Centre

---

From: Derek Diget <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 10:18:00 -0400 (EDT)

Typo - Section 6, second paragraph, last sentence:  "then" to "them"

>From 

...to request then using the...

To

...to request them using the...

-- 
***********************************************************************
Derek Diget                            Office of Information Technology
Western Michigan University - Kalamazoo  Michigan  USA - www.wmich.edu/
***********************************************************************

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 12:09:36 +0100

Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

> 2. IMHO dsn-redirect should apply to the vacation and notify/mailto 
> commands as well as to redirect.

RFC 5230 (vacation), section 5.1 says:

   The SMTP MAIL FROM address of the message envelope SHOULD be set to
   <>.  NOTIFY=NEVER SHOULD also be set in the RCPT TO line during the
   SMTP transaction if the NOTARY SMTP extension [RFC3461] is available.

So what you say would only apply if at least one of the SHOULDs is violated. So I wouldn't bother.

> 3. An ORCPT example in the paragraph about ORCPT, something like 
> "rfc822;[email-masked]".

+1

---

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 13:18:43 +0200

>   SMTP transaction if the NOTARY SMTP extension [RFC3461] is 

Oh, I'd confused 5230's language with some of that in 5228 4.2. Sorry.

> violated. So I wouldn't bother.

... would only apply to notify/mailto, not to vacation.

Arnt