Subject: Protocol Action: 'Sieve Notification Mechanism: mailto' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 15:31:29 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Sieve Notification Mechanism: mailto '
   <draft-ietf-sieve-notify-mailto-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lisa Dusseault and Chris Newman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-notify-mailto-10.txt

Technical Summary

The SIEVE notify-mailto extension defines how to use a mailto URI 
with the SIEVE notify extension to generate email notifications in 
response to incoming email matching specified SIEVE criteria.

The security considerations section covers several identified security
concerns.

Working Group Summary

This document has been discussed and reviewed in the SIEVE Working Group.
There is strong consensus in the Working Group to publish this document
as a Proposed Standard.

Document Quality

Several implementers have indicated they will implement this extension.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 13:01:10 +0000

>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-notify-mailto-10.txt
Hooooraaaa!