Subject: Re: managesieve: formats; :global; read-only; checkscript

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 18:16:11 +0000

Aaron Stone wrote:

>On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 17:58 +0000, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
>  
>
>>>>My suggestion is to let the user see the global scripts, when the 
>>>>authorization ID is the empty string.  In terms of the Sieve URL 
>>>>Scheme, the global scripts could be accessible when owner = '\0'.  I 
>>>>mean when
>>>>         sieveurl-script = "sieve://" [ authority ] "/"
>>>>                           [owner "/"] scriptname
>>>>has the form
>>>>         sieveurl-script = "sieve://" [ authority ] "//" scriptname
>>>>then requested are the global scripts.
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>While I think having a standardized way of accessing global scripts 
>>>would be a good idea, I am not convinced that the empty string is 
>>>going to be Ok.
>>>This might have some weird side effects on URI parsers (but I am not 
>>>sure).      
>>>
>Some URI parsers will collapse repeated slashes, some won't. I've seen
>weird behavior before when slashes were duplicated in HTTP requests and
>a non-collapsing URI parser was in place. Is there a "correct"
>normative behavior for this?
>
I think handling of repeated slashes in URIs is URI-scheme specific. 
(The behavior you describe is quite sensible for HTTP, because 
filesystems convert "//" to "/".)
The only rule is that if a URI scheme allows for relative path URIs, 
they can't start with unencoded "//", as this would be indistinguishable 
from URI's "authority" component (username + host + port).

In "sieve:" URIs I've prohibited relative path form, so that shouldn't 
be an issue.

>Aaron  
>
>>I've updated the draft to include your proposal. It looks like "owner" 
>>can be empty, as long as "authority" is not.
>>    
>>

---

From: Дилян Палаузов<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:30:21 +0100

Hello,

Again about "include :global" and authorization ID. 
draft-ietf-sieve-managesieve-03, Section 3. Sieve URL Scheme defines

sieveurl = sieveurl-server / sieveurl-list-scripts /
            sieveurl-script

sieveurl-server = "sieve://" authority

sieveurl-list-scripts = "sieve://" authority ["/"]

sieveurl-script = "sieve://" authority "/"
                   [owner "/"] scriptname

[owner "/"] in sieveurl-scrupt provides the possibility to edit the 
scripts of the other users, but sieveurl-list-scripts cannot show how 
are the scripts of that users named.  What about including [owner "/"] 
in sieveurl-list-scripts, making it to:

sieveurl-list-scripts = "sieve://" authority ["/"] [owner "/"]

In this way one can see a list of scripts, that are managed by other users.

Със здраве,
	Дилян

Alexey Melnikov wrote:
>>>>> Scheme, the global scripts could be accessible when owner = '\0'.  
>>>>> I mean when
>>> I've updated the draft to include your proposal. It looks like 
>>> "owner" can be empty, as long as "authority" is not.
>>>   
>