Subject: [sieve] extlists draft

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 13:35:15 +0200

Hi,

I did my first pass across the drafts in months. Not much to say from my 
point of view, buy e-l warrants comment.

2.2: It ought to say clearly that both retrieval and matching are 
list-specific. That is, even if the Sieve engine retrieves the list, it 
has to use a maching method decided by the list.

2.3: I agree with Barry; one redirect :list option is enough, and it 
should be the sieve-like one.

2.4: A few examples of such URIs would be good.

There's a sort of conflict between 2.2 and 2.4. 2.2 says that the lists 
basically are what they are. The list retrieval is done in a 
list-specific way, matching is (or may be) done in a list-specific way. 
But then comes 2.4 and talks about LDAP and CardDAV. Should it then 
also say what matching means in case of LDAP and CardDAV, and how to 
retrieve?

2.5: The example is opaque to me. If the envelope _recipient_'s 
subaddress is on a list, and the header _sender_, then the message is 
forwarded to that list?

    rcpt to:<[email-masked]>
    ...
    From: [email-masked]

If both "ietf" and "[email-masked]" are on the list, then the 
message is forwarded both to local user "ietf" and 
"[email-masked]". Right?

IMO, the example is either just wrong, it it does what its author meant 
but is so difficult to read and understand that it ought to be changed 
for that reason.

As a bonus, it uses "header" instead of "address" to test for addresses 
in the From field. Yuck.

Arnt