Subject: [sieve] Protocol Action: 'Sieve Email Filtering: Sieves and display directives in XML' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:54:31 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Sieve Email Filtering: Sieves and display directives in XML '
   <draft-freed-sieve-in-xml-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lisa Dusseault and Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-freed-sieve-in-xml-07.txt

Technical Summary

The Sieve Email Filtering:  Sieves and display directives in XML
extension
provides a way to represent a SIEVE script and associated display
directives in
XML.

Working Group Summary

This document has been discussed and reviewed in the SIEVE Working Group.
There is consensus in the Working Group to publish this document
as a Proposed Standard.

Document Quality

A number of implementors have expressed interest in this specification.
At least one implementation already exists.

Personal

Document Shepherd: Cyrus Daboo <mailto:[email-masked]>
AD: Lisa Dusseault <mailto:[email-masked]>

RFC Editor Notes

typo: on line 807, "<postamb ,le>" should be "<postamble>".

In Section 3, last paragraph: delete the first sentence, as it is
repeated  twice.

In Section 4, please update the following paragraph:

   It should be noted that with this approach unknown controls will
   simply be treated as actions and can be passed back and forthe
   between the two representations.  The treatment of a control as an
   aciton is unlikely to cause other issues since knowledge of a

typo: action

   control's language semantics is almost always required to take of
   advantage of it.