Subject: [sieve] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5230 (2035)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 10:08:52 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5230,
"Sieve Email Filtering: Vacation Extension".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5230&eid=2035

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>

Section: 5.4

Original Text
-------------
   Unless explicitly overridden with a :from parameter, the From field
   SHOULD be set to the address of the owner of the Sieve script.

Corrected Text
--------------
   Unless explicitly overridden with a :from parameter, the From field
   SHOULD be set to the address of the owner of the Sieve script.

   Informative advice: Users often have multiple email addresses, and
   "the address of the owner of the Sieve script" may offer a choice
   among several.  If the sieve processor recognizes an address
   belonging to the owner of the Sieve script in the To or Cc fields
   of the input message, then it's better to use that address for the
   From field of he generated message, rather than any other addresses
   the script's owner may also have.

Notes
-----
The added text represents the intent of the working group for selecting "the address of the owner" in cases where the owner has multiple addresses known to the Sieve engine.  Normative text would not be appropriate here, but an informative note clarifies the WG's intent.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5230 (draft-ietf-sieve-vacation-06)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Sieve Email Filtering: Vacation Extension
Publication Date    : January 2008
Author(s)           : T. Showalter, N. Freed, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Sieve Mail Filtering Language
Area                : Applications
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Derek Diget <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 13:23:03 -0500 (EST)

Typo....

On Feb 8, 2010 at 10:08 -0800, RFC Errata System wrote:
=>Corrected Text
=>--------------
=>   Unless explicitly overridden with a :from parameter, the From field
=>   SHOULD be set to the address of the owner of the Sieve script.
=>
=>   Informative advice: Users often have multiple email addresses, and
=>   "the address of the owner of the Sieve script" may offer a choice
=>   among several.  If the sieve processor recognizes an address
=>   belonging to the owner of the Sieve script in the To or Cc fields
=>   of the input message, then it's better to use that address for the
=>   From field of he generated message, rather than any other addresses
...................^^
>From field of the generated message....

-- 
***********************************************************************
Derek Diget                            Office of Information Technology
Western Michigan University - Kalamazoo  Michigan  USA - www.wmich.edu/
***********************************************************************