Subject: [sieve] external lists and notify

From: Дилян Палаузов <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 21:38:09 +0100

Hello,

If redirect is extended by the external lists extension, so should be 
notify.

Motivation:
   Our software for mailing lists forwards the emails for XYZ-request@ 
to the list managers of the XYZ mailing list.  I do not like how the 
software does the forward, so I installed a sieve script that proceeds 
the mails for the XYZ-request@ address and redirect these to the list 
managers with redirect :list .

At the XYZ-request@ address people ask mainly how to unsubscribe from 
XYZ, so I want to install a vacation message that automatically answers 
how to unsubscribe.  However this message shall be sent only to messages 
that are 300% no-spam.  Since the message is not always sent, I want to 
send notification to the list managers in the cases when the auto-reply 
is sent (or when the auto-reply is not sent).  In any case, the list 
managers shall know if the auto-reply was sent and if not, take manual 
actions.

The notify-mail shall be send to the same emails, that get the 
redirect-ed mail.  Since redirect can use :list, notify shall be able to 
use external lists too.

Със здраве
   Дилян