Subject: [sieve] RFC 5784 on Sieve Email Filtering: Sieves and Display Directives in XML

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 21:59:42 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5784

        Title:      Sieve Email Filtering: Sieves and 
                    Display Directives in XML 
        Author:     N. Freed, S. Vedam
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 57087
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-freed-sieve-in-xml-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5784.txt

This document describes a way to represent Sieve email filtering
language scripts in XML.  Representing Sieves in XML is intended not
as an alternate storage format for Sieve but rather as a means to
facilitate manipulation of scripts using XML tools.

The XML representation also defines additional elements that have no
counterparts in the regular Sieve language.  These elements are
intended for use by graphical user interfaces and provide facilities
for labeling or grouping sections of a script so they can be
displayed more conveniently.  These elements are represented as
specially structured comments in regular Sieve format.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC