Subject: [sieve] Working group last call on draft-ietf-sieve-include-05

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 01:16:14 -0400

The Sieve Include document, draft-ietf-sieve-include-05, is ready for
working group last call, which I'm now issuing as document shepherd
(both chairs are authors on the document).  A link to it is here:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sieve-include

There are some minor issues, noted below, which can be fixed in final
editing.  Everyone, please review the document and post to this thread
with any other issues you have, and corrections you want to make.  As
usual at this stage, specific text suggestions are most helpful.  The
document is currently slated for Proposed Standard.  Please note
whether you think that's correct or acceptable, or whether you think
Experimental is more appropriate.

Please also post here if you have reviewed it and think it's ready, so
we can best judge the level of review and consensus.  WGLC will go
through the week following the IETF 78 meeting, and so last call will
end on Friday, 6 August.

Barry, as document shepherd

---------------------------------------------------
Minor issues:

1. Nit: lines 685 and 686 are too long:

OLD
     scripts, and the "global" command and "global" variables
     namespace to access variables shared among included scripts.

NEW
     scripts, and the "global" command and "global"
     variables namespace to access variables shared among
     included scripts.

2. The authors have the pre-RFC5378 disclaimer in the boilerplate:

  This document may contain material from IETF Documents or IETF
  Contributions published or made publicly available before November
  10, 2008.  The person(s) controlling the copyright in some of this
  material may not have granted the IETF Trust the right to allow
  modifications of such material outside the IETF Standards Process.
  Without obtaining an adequate license from the person(s) controlling
  the copyright in such materials, this document may not be modified
  outside the IETF Standards Process, and derivative works of it may
  not be created outside the IETF Standards Process, except to format
  it for publication as an RFC or to translate it into languages other
  than English.

Does that really have to be there?  I suspect not.  If you don't know
that it needs to be there (or don't know why it is there), then you
should delete it.  If the XML has this:
  <rfc category="std" ipr="trust200902" ...
then that paragraph will not be inserted.

3. The List-ID example needs to be fixed; it should look like this:

     if header :is "List-ID" "sieve.ietf.org"
     {
         fileinto "lists.sieve";
     }
     elsif header :is "List-ID" "ietf-imapext.imc.org"
     {
         fileinto "lists.imapext";
     }

---------------------------------------------------