Subject: [sieve] RFC 6785 on Support for Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) Events in Sieve

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 07:56:15 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6785

        Title:      Support for Internet Message Access 
                    Protocol (IMAP) Events in Sieve 
        Author:     B. Leiba
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 42644
        Updates:    RFC5228

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6785.txt

Sieve defines an email filtering language that can, in principle,
plug into any point in the processing of an email message.  As
defined in the base specification, it plugs into mail delivery.  This
document defines how Sieve can plug into points in IMAP where
messages are created or changed, adding the option of user-defined or
installation-defined filtering (or, with Sieve extensions, features
such as notifications).  Because this requires future Sieve
extensions to specify their interactions with this one, this document
updates the base Sieve specification, RFC 5228.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC