Subject: [sieve] SPECIAL-USE in Sieve (RFC 6154)

From: Stephan Bosch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 00:44:40 +0200

Hi,

Currently, the Sieve language lacks the means of freely accessing the
IMAP special-use mailbox attributes (RFC 6154). For example, it would be
nice to be able to determine what the Junk mailbox is during Sieve
processing at delivery, based on which mailbox has the "\Junk"
special-use attribute assigned. I believe I have coined this idea before
several years ago, but the incentive to actually build or document
anything was never very high.

Recently, I found the motivation to design a proper Sieve extension for
this; I finished implementing IMAPSIEVE and in that context such
functionality can also be very useful.  The draft specification is
attached, since the IETF draft submission is currently blocked.

Please tell me what you think. I aim to submit this to appsawg soon, but
I think most Sieve people are still concentrated here, so I post it here
first.

Regards,

Stephan.

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 22:36:48 -0400

> I think most Sieve people are still concentrated here, so I post it here

It sounds reasonable, yes.  But not to appsawg: appsawg is closing
soon, and not accepting new documents.  You should bring it to the
DISPATCH working group for consideration, and they will decide whether
it should go to a working group or should be recommended to an AD to
sponsor.

Barry